Chapter 4

The wedding went well. People shared some funny stories about dad at the end which ended up with him getting very embarrassed and accidentally cutting the wire to the microphone. We had to pay for it later but dad decided it was worth it.

Sunday mostly went in dropping people back to their homes and dealing with caterers, decorators, etc. It was a boring day and I didn't have time to meet or text Audrey or Collin.

Finally on Monday, Audrey texted me.

How's everything?

I'm sleepy.

Maybe that's why you
shouldn't spend your night
by watching videos on the
internet.

They were songs and I
just listened to them for an
hour.

Anyway, can you meet me
today? See a movie?

You really can't resist me. Don't
worry I have that effect on people.

Zack.

Audrey.

I'm serious.

Fine. I'll meet you at
the theater or do you want
me to pick you up?

We'll watch the movie
at my place. Six o'clock
evening.

Cool. Can't wait to see you.

I went to the bookstore and stayed there till lunch. It wasn't very crowded. Bookstores were really losing their charm.

"We should do some kind of event over here. It'll attract attention," I suggested.

"What kind of event?" Ms. Green asked.

"A book signing by a famous author?"

"How many famous authors do we know on first name basis?"

"How about we do a normal book signing and hope that the author gets famous?"

Ms. Green chuckled. "I'll see what I can do. Till then, use your charm to attract customers."

I saluted her.

"On it."

***

I drove to Audrey's house during the evening. It was a fifteen minute drive from my house with many twists and turns. I reached around the time Audrey had told me to.

I knocked on the door and Ayden answered. He looked at me and made a face.

"Zack is here!" He yelled into the house and turned back to make a face at me.

"I thought you liked me," I said.

"That hasn't really changed," he said and walked out of the house just as Audrey appeared.

"What happened to him?" I asked.

"He's really moody today," she answered. "Come in."