Part 44 ∞∞∞ Pawns

Start from the beginning

********

"WHAT? Yoru's joining us???" Deidara shouted at Sasori who was still stuffed inside that big, ugly puppet. Zetsu had dropped me off here and left to talk to the leader about something, and now I'm stuck here listening to a moaning golden-haired child with a bad sense of aesthetics. After the short conversation between me and Zetsu about the Sharingan, we lapsed into silence and arrived after a few hours of running and jumping.

"Have you met with Orochimaru?" Sasori suddenly asked and I looked at him. I didn't answer. He took it as a yes. Somehow he saw through my silent answer as easily as seeing through Deidara (Which is quite an insult to me). Deidara peered at us in confusion but didn't catch up to the conversation. He wouldn't understand it anyway. Too stupid.

"What? Wait... hm... you seemed to have grown taller. But I suppose your hair does take up a lot of your height." I said loudly and gave Deidara a look of contempt. Deidara's face reddened as he reached into his bag for the exploding white dough.

"Deidara, Yoru. Stop." Sasori ordered tightly and I shrugged. I'm not the one threatening to explode stuff in people's faces. I thought as I made another face at Deidara. For some reason, being with this stupid bunch lightens my mood. Maybe that's also the reason why I haven't been urging to kill them all. Maybe I actually like them.

"We have missions to accomplish. Yoru, you'll be sticking with us." Sasori said and turned around, crawling away. Yoru... maybe sometime I should change my name... Sasori glanced back at me suddenly and I stared back, his false, beady, puppet eyes burned into mine.

"Come ON!" Deidara yelled and Sasori looked away. I feel like a long conversation is going to follow that look someday. Someday.

**********

"Orochimaru-sama. Exactly what are you planning?" Kabuto asked and looked at his master, who was standing in front of a closed door.

"I'm going to bring Yoru out for a journey," Orochimaru answered and Kabuto fell silent. His master was and is always so mysterious and only told him the things he needed to know. He had only known about the whole Night Project half a year ago when Orochimaru left the Akatsuki. It had gotten quite annoying sometimes but he went with it. Working for Orochimaru isn't as bad as he thought it would be but...

"What's with these clothes? They smell weird." Yoru said as she stepped out of the room and Orochimaru smiled.

"Nothing. They fit perfectly." Orochimaru answered as Kabuto looked at the true Yoru. She looked exactly like Yoru did around four years ago. But I suppose they're the same person. Kabuto thought and turned away, pretending to observe the hallway they were on.

"Kabuto. You'll be in charge for the few weeks, or months we'll be gone, yes?" Orochimaru asked and Kabuto turned back around again. He bowed slightly and nodded.

"Yes, Orochimaru-sama."

"Good," Orochimaru answered and beckoned Yoru to follow him. The two walked past Kabuto who stood as still as possible and ascended the stairs, leaving the base. Kabuto couldn't stop himself from looking at Yoru one more time. Her short hair swished as she moved out of his sight. Kabuto sucked in a deep breath. Only after making sure the two were gone did Kabuto start moving about again. He had something to do meanwhile...

"SAKON! JIROBO! KIDOMARU! TAYUYA!" He shouted into the darkness and waited. There was a moment of silence before five shadows appeared in front of Kabuto.

"Kimimaro. Why are you here." Kabuto asked as he looked at the white-haired boy standing before the four kneeling figures.

"Orochimaru-sama just left, didn't he? So, what are you attempting to do?" He asked and Kabuto pushed he glasses up a little before responding.

"I'm acting out his orders." He answered and Kimimaro looked at him.

"Then excuse my behavior. I only wish the best for Orochimaru-sama." Kimimaro said with a deep bowed, before disappearing again. Kabuto didn't really get why he had come at his call, but he hoped it wasn't something important.

"What do you want us for then?" Tayuya asked and Kabuto looked at the young girl. The four of them, they are all so young.

"Do you still recognize Yoru?" Kabuto asked Sakon and he let out a smirk.

"Of course. That arrogant brat." He scoffed and started cursing her off. Kabuto waited until he regained his composure before continuing.

"I want you four to get Yoru back here. Alive. More than three years have passed since your last encounter. I hope to see success. You know who she's with right? The Akatsuki. Also, take this as a test for your capabilities of being Orochimaru-sama's pawn." Kabuto said to the four and Kidomaru rolled his eyes while the other three seemed to at least be a little excited. Kids are like that. Kabuto assured himself and turned away. He could feel the four hesitate for a moment before vanishing. Now... He thought and walked towards his lab, his hands itching to start the process. If everything goes well...