Part 36 ∞∞∞ Mission Slaughter

I looked up at the rainy sky and sighed. Is there ever going to be a none raining day in Amegakure?  I asked myself and doubted the answer would be positive.

"What are you doing?" Zetsu asked from beside me as I stared up.

"I'm trying to eat the sky. What do you think I'm doing?" I muttered sarcastically and Zetsu nodded, taking it for real.

"You're so cute sometimes." I sighed as I ruffled his hair.

"Aaaa~ Don't do that, it's awfully embarrassing." White Zetsu said and I pinched his cheeks.

"As long as it's not me." Black Zetsu muttered just as I was reaching to pinch his cheeks as well.

"Oh come on~" I complained and laughed.

"Come on. Time to go." Kakuzu said as he and Hidan landed a few feet away from us.

"Kay, kay." I said and got up from the ground. My short hair was dripping wet. But it felt nice considering how I haven't had a shower for... basically an eternity.

"What are we doing this time?" I asked Kakuzu as we crossed the border of Amegakure into the wilderness.

"There is a rich merchant crossing the border between the Land of Fire and Land of Grass. We are to stop the merchandise from arriving and to kill all correlating personnel." Kakuzu told me with his normal nothing-in-the-world-except-money-interests-me voice and I nodded. Killing merchants were easy, however, if any shinobi village took the mission to protect them... Then that would be difficult.

I smiled as little as Hidan and Kakuzu started to bicker about money again. Its been around one year since I joined the Akatsuki and life, in general, has been looking very upbeat. There was always more people to kill and more money to earn. That puts me into excitement almost all the time.

"Konohagakure took the mission as an A-rank?!!! Ahhh~, that's so annoying." Hidan complained and glared at Kakuzu. I noted Hidan's bare chests and the Jashin necklace, which swung around on his neck, being extremely conspicuous.

"Probably some kid team again," Kakuzu said and I nodded. Last time, it was a team of 14 year olds who probably only graduated from the Academy. Last, last time, it was a team of a 10-year-old child and two 15-year-olds. The same team of two girls and a boy had appeared at least 5 times now. They were all beat up in seconds. Zetsu insisted that we do not kill any shinobi of a Hidden Village yet so I had to put them all in genjutsu and wipe their memories (which is a waste of my talent and abilities). Apparently, Pein wants us to keep low for the moment and earn some money before going full out tailed-beast hunting.

"Do you know where Orochimaru went?" Kakuzu suddenly asked Zetsu while I listened curiously to their conversation.

"I think he grouped up with Itachi temporarily since Kisama went on a hunting mission alone. Sasori and Deidara are sticking together for now. They're an official team." Zetsu said and I narrowed my eyes. Itachi with Orochimaru... not a very good pair... I shrugged and sighed. At least Itachi is probably strong enough to fight off Orochimaru if he tries to take his body... I reassure myself and rolled my eyes. Those two are just pure idiots. Both of them.

"Yoru, yo! Do you want to do the honours this time?" Hidan asked me as he slapped his hands on my shoulders.

"Sure, sure~" I said and punched him lightly on the chest. "For Jashin-sama." I whispered and Hidan's face lit up.

"YEHHAAA!" He shouted and went around throwing his weapon and breaking down trees. Every time I go out with Hidan and Kakuzu to kill people, Hidan and I exchange turns killing the target. Kakuzu doesn't really care about the actual killing (he just wants the money) so only Hidan and I do the most fighting. I mostly team up with Zetsu who sticks around with me (Although I'd be extremely happy to have Itachi as a partner again). Currently the teaming is usually Hidan-Kakuzu, Itachi-Kisame, Sasori-Orochimaru (Deidara), Zetsu-Me, Pein-Konan (I honestly have no idea where Uchiha Madara went but sometimes I notice his chakra around, especially around Konan and Pein). A few chakra suddenly appearing behind our group broke my thoughts.

"Yoru, do you feel it?" Black Zetsu muttered to me and I nodded. There were shinobi following us.

"What village are they from?" White Zetsu asked and I looked with my Byakugans.

"Some small village from the Land of Grass," I said after seeing the unfamiliar forehead protector. "They're okay to kill."

"That'll be easier for you guys.." Black Zetsu said with a smirk and Zetsu disappeared into a tree. I smirked as well and veered off the path, hiding behind a thick tree trunk while concealing my chakra as well. I watched as Hidan and Kakuzu continued on with the shinobis following them. There was a total of 11. I smiled a little as I saw Kakuzu's metal hearts pulsing in anticipation and Hidan slightly adjusting his footing. They were ready. The 11 shinobi passed me without noticing and I followed them, continuing to hide my chakra. I drew my sword which was strapped around my waist inside my Akatsuki cloak (I wear with half zipped like Hidan so reaching for my sword is easy) and took out three shurikens along with it.

"Now!" Zetsu commanded as he reappeared onto the tree next to me and I threw the three shurikens. They landed exactly on the heels of the three shinobi in the back and the three stumbled in surprise. I boosted myself forwards quickly and before they knew it, their heads were off.

"HEYAAAAAA!!" Shouted Hidan from all the way ahead and I heard Kakuzu shouting at him to shut up. I laughed. The two shinobi in the front screamed in synchronize and I laughed even harder. The two had a good bond while in battle.

"Katon!" Kakuzu's muffled shout echoed through the forest as a huge fireball broke through the groups of shinobi, shattering them into chaos.

"Help!!!" A female shinobi screamed as her body caught on fire and she uselessly tried to weave signs to save herself. It's no use... no jutsu can save you from burning to death.

"Are we done here?" Zetsu asked as he poked out of a tree again, slightly complaining.

"Maybe next time you should fight for yourself." I snapped back and Zetsu humphed.

"I'm responsible for collecting information for you." White Zetsu argued and I rolled my eyes, smiling on the inside.

"Yea, whatever," I said carelessly and jumped over to all the mess. Hidan and Kakuzu were checking if any of the 11 shinobi were on the list (Basically if you're on the list and you die and we turn the dead body in, we get money), none of them were. Even if they were, their bodies were too deformed to tell.

"While you guys were fighting, I went over to the border. They're 30 minutes away from crossing." Black Zetsu informed and Kakuzu nodded curtly.

"Let's hurryooooo~ YAAAAHOOOO!!!" Hidan yelled to absolutely nothing and ran away, being extremely loud and conspicuous. He's always too hyperactive for hunting missions.

"Come on? I suppose." I shrugged and following him, boosting myself faster with my wind chakra. Kakuzu didn't seem enthusiastic about it but followed us anyway without complaint and Zetsu disappeared into the tree again. Sometimes I wish I can travel like him.