Chapter 29: Help Me

Start from the beginning

We went directly to the fifth deck and headed to the corridor's last room.

The rest of the floors were almost completely burned down

The rest of the floors were almost completely burned down. However, the fifth one and the attic were pretty well conserved.

"This one was my room, I hope you don't mind staying there."

"Why would I? It's more comfortable knowing it was yours. Sleeping in some stranger's bed doesn't sound too appealing to me."

"Of course, yeah." He ran his hand through his hair. Archer was very, very nervous. "After you."

His bedroom was intact. No one could ever tell there had been a fire a bunch of years ago.

 No one could ever tell there had been a fire a bunch of years ago

Even the view was breathtaking. I loved it.

"You have never shown me this."

"I don't quite enjoy entering here. It brings back memories, you know?"

"I do. You don't have to enter if you don't feel like it Archer."

"I'm not leaving your side, whether that means coming here or not."

"Your decision." I put my bags on the floor and looked at him. He was leaning against the door frame, with his arms crossed and an intense stare.

"Thank you Archer. I don't know what I would have done without you."

"No need to thank me. I promised I'll be here for you. Anytime."

"I remember." That was my condition, what I wanted him to promise in order to agree to our deal.

"Who would have thought, huh? That it would get this far, I mean." Archer wondered.

"Not us at least. Can you imagine not having met each other? How different our lives would be?"

"Call me crazy, but I can't. I believe in destiny Grace, what's bound to happen will find its way."

What he is trying to say is that we were bound to happen. It could have taken weeks, months, even years, but we would have met one way or another.

"Wow, what a wise old man you are, Archer." I smirked.

He just laughed a little, ending it with a side smile.

"I'll leave you unpacking all your things. It's almost dinner time. You know I don't have food here right?"

"Yeah, I brought supplies for a couple of days. Don't worry about it."

"Perfect. If you need me just shout my name."

"Okay, thanks again."

"Please, stop thanking me. About time it was me who finally helped you, although I don't like the situation one bit."

I sadly smiled at him and nodded my head.

"I will leave you alone now and head to the attic."

And with that, he vanished.

Archer seems to be extremely distant with me. I expected him to be angry, to yell, to hit things. He once told me he suffers from anger issues after all. Nonetheless, he's never lost his temper around me.

I understand him though. It's been a month or so since he last saw me. But, hey, it was him who shut me out.

And now, after finally talking with him, I realize how much I missed him and our chats.

You have plenty of time to regain his trust Grace.

Some other day I would have believed my subconscious. Not today.

Another detail I have noticed that worries me is that he hasn't called me love yet.

Not even once.

                                *****

A.N: I'll make this quick guys. Hold on to your sits. The action is just around the corner.
Love,