Chapter 29: Help Me

·Grace's POV·

Here I am, heading to St. George feeling like I've been sent to the slaughter house. I know Archer will let me live with him, but talk to me like he used to? That's a whole 'nother story. It won't be easy, but I'm still hopeful. My life without this boy's unpredictable comebacks and teasing personality would lack the characteristic emotion he's provided me. With that in mind, as I said some time ago, I'll fight to keep him with me. This is the first step.

And so I arrived. Wish me luck.

I opened the main door while struggling with my luggage.

"Archer!" I shouted his name, my voice echoing. He must have sensed me somehow before entering, he always does. I need to step up my game then. I sighed. "Archer, I know you are angry. I'm sorry I hurt you, but deep down you understand my point. You hurt me too, when you kicked me out of here. I was trying to talk this out with you and your response was to coldly turn your back on me. And now? You don't even appear to face me."

Silence. Complete and utter silence followed my words.

"Please, I need you. Now more than ever before, I'm running out of time. They are coming for me, and when they do I won't be back for a very long time. Come to me, I'm begging you."

That's when I started to descry his figure in front of me, until I could see him perfectly.

"Who's coming for you and why?" He asked me concerned.

"My parents, Scott and a psychiatrist. They now about all of this Archer." I pointed at us. "And now they think I'm insane."

"But how?"

"I was telling Toli and Katie about our fight and Scott was spying on us. After that, he started to distort the information, telling lies to the whole high school. The next thing I know, my parents had fallen for it too, wanting to get the help I supposedly need. The moment I heard the psychiatrist's car approach my house, I fled. I got here by car, told my grandfather all the truth about the situation and came as fast as I could."

"And I guess he believed you."

"Yes, he did. He's been in my shoes before so it makes it easier to process. Now I only have my grandfather, Toli and Katie left."

"And me. You still have me, Grace."

"Still?"

"Always. No matter if we are angry at each other. I am afraid that's what love makes you do."

I must tell him I love him too, it's the perfect moment.

"About that Archer-"

"Don't. The last thing I want to hear right now is how you aren't capable of loving me back. Knowing you are being chased is enough for me to stress over, thank you very much."

"But that's not what I-" I tried again.

"Grace, please. Not today."

Maybe some other time. We will be spending many days together after all. Oh wait, I haven't ask him yet.

"I need a favor, by the way. Would it be possible for me to stay here with you until they all calm down?"

"You don't even have to ask." He glanced at my bags. "That explains the luggage."

"Sorry, I didn't have much time to plan."

"It's not your fault." He moved his hand towards my shoulder, but he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks before touching it. Shaking his head, he continued. "Follow me, I'll show you the room."