Morning Light

The morning after~~

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gavin woke up with a raging headache and was met with a bright beam of sunlight peaking through his blinds. He squinted and was greeted with an even brighter beam of light that was snuggled closely to his chest despite his larger build. Nines was still asleep with his arms wrapped around Gavin when his partner woke up.

Despite not knowing how he got in the situation, Gavin had no intention of leaving the cute android and decided to gently entangle his hands in Nines' soft hair. Lone strands covered Nines' face as he tightened his hold around Gavin, which made him smile subconsciously.

He didn't even mind the pounding in his head and was completely occupied with how the little wisps of Nines' eyelashes overlapped each other and the subtle pout of his lips when he was asleep. Gavin sighed in content as he recalled whatever memories he could pull from last night.

However, the only thing he could remember was Nines pulling him gently yet urgently to the bathroom, his supportive touch when he was puking into the bowl and that soft smile upon receiving the first thanks between them. Despite his spinning head and the vague burn in his throat, Gavin felt peace settle in his chest. Even through his messy state, he didn't feel like complete crap when Nines was hugging so closely. Feeling his own heartbeat quicken, Nines awoke.

Blinking sleep from his eye and analysing his surroundings, Nines realised he was not in his own apartment. Instead, in the arms of a flushed and clearly hungover Gavin Reed who was looking away, knowing that he'd been caught.

"Tin can... hhuh-How'd we end up like this?" A quiet stutter passed his lips, as if he was afraid something were to happen if he was too loud.

Nines scanned through his memories from the night before and everything became crystal clear. Doing his best to supress a giggle and a blush, Nines vaguely brushed over the events of the prior night out. Both men were fully aware of the close proximity but did nothing to fix it.

"Did I do anything I'd regret?" Gavin asked with apprehension lacing his voice. His ears were turning bright red.

Nines shrugged, a casually played with strands of Gavin's hair, "If I were to list them all, we'd be here all day."

I wouldn't mind that, Gavin regretfully thought. He gulped and turned away too quickly, causing his head to pound harder. Thankfully, Nines was fast at his side and checked his vitals. While Gavin was holding his head in his hands in an effort to lessen the aches, Nines left the comfort of the bed (much to Gavin's dismay) and went into the kitchen to fetch a quick hangover remedy kit.

When he returned, Gavin had somehow managed to change his clothes, but he still didn't look to be in a good state.

Setting the tray down onto the bedside table Nines informed Gavin, "Fowler gave us the day off, since he was impressed with the work on the previous case."

"Didn't plan on going to work anyway," Gavin grumbled as he took the tablets that Nines had set out for him and a bottle of water.

"So... how are we going to spend the day?" Nines asked with a little tilt in his voice. He hoped to stay under the covers with Gavin until the sun set again but he wasn't sure the hungover man would want the same.

Letting the pills settle, Gavin casually replied, "'We', huh?" He turned away from Nines just to let a slip of a smile pass through his careless façade. "I got some errands to run but they can wait. Anything in mind you wanted to do?"

Nines was surprised to hear that Gavin was being considerate of his thoughts, "I've always wanted to go to a bowling alley. I rarely found the time but when I did, I didn't have anyone to go with. I figured bowling by yourself isn't nearly as enjoyable as it is with someone else."