When the Leaves Shift

(Thanks for the patience, I've been super busy these last few weeks x.x) 

The next week flew by far faster than Austin wanted. They'd thankfully awoken just in time to get dressed before Wan-Nu showed up to bid Roh-Ahn farewell. Wan-Nu had also given Austin his number, just in case Roh-Ahn needed anything and was too proud to ask for it. Austin could understand.

Leaning back in his desk chair, Austin glanced up at the small clock across the room from him and lifted his feet up onto his desk. He'd already finished grading most of the midterm exams he'd given out earlier in the day, so he wasn't too worried about taking a small break and letting his eyes rest for a bit. 

It was no surprise that he had an awkward weight in his lap when his eyes opened again an hour or so later. "I think you missed the chair by a few feet, Roh." Austin mumbled as he reached up and pulled the young man against his chest. 

The lights were out and there was a piece of black construction paper over the window to his door, signaling that it was locked and he did not want to be disturbed if it wasn't important. 

Already know my habits. He thought as he allowed his right hand to wander upward along the suit that hugged Roh-Ahn's slim body until it delved into his soft hair. 

"Done with all of your midterm exams already?" He whispered as he closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of having Roh-Ahn against him. 

When he felt Roh-Ahn shake his head, Austin frowned. "Another to give tomorrow." 

Ah, good. He'd hoped that he could quickly finish grading the remainder he had to do, then maybe take him out for an early dinner. 

I've decided to try and win his heart yet I can't even manage to find enough time to try and spoil him. 

Just thinking about all of the missed opportunities they'd had over the past week made him sigh. The remainder of their weekend was rained in by one bad thunderstorm after the other. Besides their college classes for the week, Roh-Ahn hadn't been doing too well Monday and took most of Tuesday to recover and finish up some grading. 

He's been cooking almost every night, too. 

"What's wrong, Austin?" Roh-Ahn asked, drawing Austin's eyes open as he felt gentle fingers massage the crease his frustration often caused along his forehead. 

Truth, or lie? 

He didn't need to think very long about that. He was a terrible liar. 

"I just wanted to spoil you a little this week but it's already half over and I haven't even gotten to take you out for dinner." 

The little grin Roh-Ahn tried to hide at his response had Austin's cheeks warming, but Roh-Ahn didn't let him suffer for long. He leaned forward and wrapped his arms around his neck, then sealed his lips with a sweet kiss. 

"But I got to spoil you." He replied, making Austin lean back just enough to free his mouth to speak. "You got to what?" He asked. 

Roh-Ahn's eyes jerked wide and he leaned back in Austin's lap slightly, absolutely shocked to hear that he'd been partially understood. Why do you think I've been so tired lately, hun? He thought, remembering the countless hours he'd stayed up the last few days working on learning Korean with his earbuds in at three in the morning. 

So glad that you're a deep sleeper. 

"I..." Roh-Ahn stuttered, still seemingly in shock. 

Austin shook his head slowly, a smile playing at his lips before he leaned forward to steal a quick kiss. "I've been studying a bit. I want to be able to understand you better."