When Your Understanding Shifts

(I just needed a little cute today it seems)

The taxi ride back to their apartment was a quiet but pleasant one. The restaurant had been a bit too loud for his liking, so the near-silent ride was just what Austin had needed to relax a bit. It also helped that Roh-Ahn was the only person sitting next to him and their fingers were loosely entwined on the middle seat. 

When the car stopped outside of their apartment building he slid out and walked around to the opposite side, holding a hand out when Roh-Ahn opened his door. He waited patiently while Roh-Ahn got himself out of the car and balanced with his cane, then greedily closed his fingers around his hand the moment it was set in his own. 

"What did you forget, by the way?" Roh-Ahn asked once they were back inside the apartment. 

Austin turned around, opening his mouth with the intention of lying... I'm such a terrible liar. "Am I a horrible person for saying that I wasn't enjoying myself at all, even though the food was pretty good? I would have rather skipped dinner and just hung out here with you. That's kind of what I want to do until we have to leave for the concert." 

At first, he couldn't tell what Roh-Ahn was thinking, the guy's face being almost completely blank as he contemplated what he'd said. Please don't be mad. Please don't be mad. When a sheepish grin finally found its way onto his lips and he stepped forward, wrapping his arms around his chest for a hug, Austin let out a quiet, relieved breath. 

"I love my uncle but it was a bit too much after working all week and having more seizures than normal the last few days." Roh-Ahn said as he pressed his cheek against Austin's shoulder, making him happily wrap him up tight in his arms. 

I can understand that. Those seizures definitely steal your energy. 

Considering his uncle had accidentally triggered one earlier, Austin wasn't surprised at all to hear that Roh-Ahn wasn't feeling up to being around so many people for dinner.  

"Did you get enough to eat?" Austin asked as he tilted his head down, his lips brushing against Roh-Ahn's soft hair as he spoke. 

When he got a nod in response, he opened his mouth to speak, but Roh-Ahn beat him to it. "But you didn't. You always eat almost twice what you got there, but you didn't even finish your last few pieces of meat." 

Well, he couldn't argue that. He'd liked the food, but the atmosphere had just stressed him too much, it seems. It was also sweet that Roh-Ahn had paid attention to something so simple. 

"I'll just have some leftovers. I like your cooking more than theirs, even after a few days in the fridge." Austin said as he released Roh-Ahn. It took the other guy a few moments before he let him go, then he quickly followed Austin into the kitchen to perch up on the bar stool they'd left by the stove. 

He had planned to heat up the fried chicken and rice, but the delicious smell that hit him when he opened the container made Austin just grab a fork and start digging in right away. Roh-Ahn had definitely been right about him not eating enough at the restaurant. 

"I love watching you eat what I cook, it's cute." Roh-Ahn said, drawing Austin's eyes away from the food so that he could nod. 

Granted, he had no idea what he'd just said, but his mouth was full and he figured that it couldn't hurt to just agree with him. 

"Will you keep nodding if I keep speaking in Korean?" Roh-Ahn asked, earning a raised eyebrow, then a cautious nod in response. 

Austin paused in his eating to see if Roh-Ahn would say anything else, but when he just smiled, he took another bite of food.