20| Cafe

(Sunday November 11)

After our talk with the officer, he led us the way to the exit. "We will definitely do research on it and we'll call you as soon as possible. For your safety it would be best to not return home and stay at a friend or family member's house."

"I will, thank you." We all wished the officer a good day and went out. I started walking faster not wanting to look at anyone out of shame. I am just disgusted with myself, how would they feel.

"Mai!" Chan screamed, but I gave no answer and started walking faster. Tears started to fill my eyes and the harder the wind blew on my face how faster the tears started rolling down. I can't look at them. "MAI!"

I was walking so fast I didn't look in front of me not seeing the elevation of the sidewalk. I tripped over it crashing to the ground, scratching my hands a bit.

I could hear steps behind me, running. I got tilted up and got embraced in the chest of someone. My first thought was Hyunjin, but I smelled the familiar cologne of Chan. Why did I want Hyunjin here at the moment?

But as Chan pulled me closer to him I started crying as small sounds came out of my mouth. I could hear Chan telling me it's okey. As I actually started to calm down I still didn't look up.

Chan broke the hug, with his arms still around me to support me. He tilted my head up and searched my face. I couldn't meet his eyes and looked behind him. But that was even worse. I saw a worried Hyunjin while Felix's eyes were full. He was such a crybaby even if he didn't look like one.

"You should have told us. Or at least me." My eyes met Chan's and I could see the worried expression on his face.

"I'm sorry, I just- I just couldn't get myself to say it." Tears filled my eyes again and Chan pulled me back into a hug, comforting me.

"Don't be sorry. It's very hard for you. You were strong enough to tell the truth. You don't have to be scared of anything now. You have me, you have us." He pulled back again and looked me in my eyes. His hands reached for my face and wiped away my tears. "Let's go."

He took ahold of my hand and helped me up. Before I could even walk Felix almost jumped on me, hugging me tightly. "Don't you ever ever ever hide anything from us, please."

I have never felt more safe then now. I had friends, people who cared about me.

I hugged Felix back, holding back tears. He rested his head on my shoulder and I could feel the wetness of tears on it, he was crying. "You're such a crybaby." I said through my own tears.

"Says the one who is crying." Felix said. This made both of us laugh a bit through our tears.

He broke the hug and looked at me with his now red eyes. He brought his hands up to my face and squeezed my cheeks. "Promise me that you will tell us everything and that you won't keep secrets from us anymore."

"I promise."

Felix walked a bit to the side and I could see Hyunjin walking towards us.

"You did a great job by telling the truth." He gave me small smile. But why was I disappointed that he didn't hug me? I just nodded and gave him a thank you.

That actually broke my heart. Normally he would give me a hug or comfort me,  I would even give him a hug if he needed it. At this point I can feel a slight distance between us, if that makes any sense. He hasn't said a proper word to me today, or this week in general.

I just pushed that aside not wanting to worry too much about it. I walked back to Chan and he slipped his hand in mine. It felt comfortable, but it felt off. His embrace was nice, but it didn't feel right. It was as if I was pretending. Pretending to date, pretending to like him, pretending pretending pretending.