With barely a breath of air between us he reached up and gently tucked my hair behind my ear, allowing his hand to cup my cheek rather than drop back down to his side.

"Mea, I want you to stay away from Pike. I don't know what it is about him but I don't trust him and I don't like the way he looks at you."

I could feel the irritation rising with the order, "And how does he look at me Z? Like he desires me, like he wants to make me his?"

"Yes, like he wants to consume you. Like he wants what is mine!"

"But that's just it Z, I am not yours! You made sure I knew that ages ago so don't butt in my business now... you have no idea who or what I have done in the past 6 years."

With a groan he traces his thumb back across my lips, "Don't say that! God I remember the first time I tasted these lips." slamming us both back into the past to that day.

-------FLASH BACK--------

Mea's POV

Our school years progressed like most kids do, Tawny continued as a lover of books and music finding her niche in band when she wasn't spending time with me. My mother had hoped I would be more like Tawny finding a refined outlet but it wasn't to be as we both quick realized after a complete failure at dance class.

After watching the girls hockey team I convince my mother to let me try out, and success! Sports were my niche! Excelling at hockey in the colder months and volleyball during the warmer ones, my mother finally accepted I wasn't going to be her delicate little princess and became the most dedicated sports mom you ever met.  It also helped that it allowed me an outlet for my overabundance of pent up energy that used to get me into mischief all the time.

We went through the typical stages, boys had cooties so we just wanted to hang out with our girl friends.  Then starting to like boys but of course boys being slower to mature, meant they just teased and tortured us, not being into girls themselves yet.

Z took care of any of the boys that seemed to not get the hint that Tawny and I were not allowed to be on their hit list, although he seemed to resent me more when he had to come to my rescue.

As we got older though his irritation in being our bodyguard, and mine in particular got worse and when he was through dealing with a situation typically that frustration bubbled over at me or as he got older on the football field. Like everything Z tried he quickly excelled at it in no time becoming the QB for the team, and the heartthrob of the adolescent girls everywhere.

As we entered our pre-teen years the dynamic shifted for me and Z. I stopped seeing him as a brother and started to notice how cute he was, how blue his eyes were and how his smile could make me melt. However, as I was maturing to seeing him as more he was also maturing to seeing girls as more than just gross. But not all girls, just the older, well developed girls.

The girls who were as eager to spend time with the bad boy although at that time I wasn't sure what required them to do that in his room with the door locked door, but that is where they always headed when he brought them over.

I turned green with jealousy when he, Rio and Tink started to spend the time they used to spend with Tawny and I with the "women" as they called the overdeveloped girls...It took me a bit to catch on to what they were doing behind that locked bedroom door but once I knew it, it fascinated me like most things that I didn't know anything about.

After watching him over the next 2 years flint from girl to girl, leaving a trail of broken hearts I resigned myself to the fact that Z would never see me as anything other than a second little sister. I threw myself into my sports and hid my crush from everyone but Tawny, still acting like the bratty little sister to Z when we encountered each other.