Chapter 12: Confidence

Layla Pov

I hate myself. My body is feeling more stronger or less numb than it has been in a couple of days that Bulma was aiding me to get me back up to my health. I was sitting outside when Vegeta came over glaring down me with the same smug face of his as usual.

"What are you doing, woman?" He asked.

"Nothing. I got absolutely nothing to do in the condition I'm in." I replied in a blunt tone.

"Have a little confidence in yourself. Kakarot is worried about you and at this rate your still emotionless and broken as ever. "He lectured.

"Why do you care anyway?" I asked.

"Because I was the same thing as you were and here I am married, I have son to take the privilege a Saiyan should have in his heart, mind, and pride." He said in term of his words to show respect to which warrior he and Goku were in the past.

"I get that you're a hero and so is Goku. I'm not a Saiyan but someone else from ever being capable to hold this power." I respond in a doubting tone.

"I know this may seem offended to you. What nerve did you ever have as child until now?" He questioned.

"...It isn't a normal childhood I had and what you three saw days ago. I felt a pity to even let you see or even fear me even when I at least tried to be normal as before." I said as he places his hand on my shoulder as I look up him.

"Just try to have a littlebe bit of courage when you're dealing with woman." He said walking away and Isighed.