Chapter 10: Vain

The next day Layla was planning on not telling Goku her dream she had last night that would cause her shook and be harmed by things that may look realistic to her. When breakfast was over and done by herself for the two boys, Goku asked if she could come by to visit Lord Beerus temple and a no wasn't require for her answer that would make Goku upset of her response. They both instant transmission to the temple as Whis was eating delightful food from earth. 

"Well, I haven't seen you two since 3 days ago perhaps." Beerus said rocking himself in his bed.

"We wouldn't just come here for nothing. We're here to train." Goku patted Layla in the back as she flinch a bit to stare at Goku in a confuse facial.

"What do you mean train?" She mocked.

"I know it's bad for me asking you since you claim you don't ever train hardly. When we first fought it's like you were not much of a fast mover when it comes to being a fighter. That being said, I think Whis can help your muscles be built." Goku said in a cheeky grin.

'Why did I happen to bother coming here anyway?' Layla sweat dropped.

"I would be honor to help build your body strength." Whis said in kind tone.

"Fine then, at least show me some training equipment if you will." Layla said.

"Certainly. Right this way." Whis lead the two outside as he summoned two heavy weights.

"Weights?" Layla asked.

"Yes. Try lifting them since they are 100,000 lbs." Whis said in a innocent smile.

Layla stared at them in a moment as she shrugged to lift them both off the ground without breaking a sweat! It shocked the two as Beerus caught up with them to stare at the same expression at the girl.

"H-How can you do that!?" Goku exclaimed.

She shrugged replying, "I don't know. It's not that heavy once your picking something up that's over 100,000."

"Layla, where are you from exactly?" Beerus asked.

"I travel a lot." She replied placing the weights down.

"It doesn't seem quite that way. I can tell right now that something about your actions are not entirely normal for a ordinary girl like you." Beerus said eyeing her suspiciously.

"I get that a lot and I don't care. I never want to be threat when comes to my powers or strength." Layla scowled crossing her arms as her gaze went over to a red flower that was bloomed in the middle of spring. Her eyes went blank as a flashback of that same flower happen to appear from where ever she was as a child.

<<Flashback>>

Running and crying in fear

No one is there to hear me in here

Not a single being could save me

When I am less violent to become free

I am trap, I couldn't break out

When can a hero rescue me to bailout?

Layla at the age of 6 running around in the woods lost as it was pitch black for her to be unable to see. The moon wasn't out and she shivered through the darkness around her where the horrible midnight creatures would alert to eat her for a course meal on they're schedule. A loud 'WHO' and 'Howl' cause her to sprang forward to run away as fast as possible. She then tripped over a branch and fallen down a hill as she tumble on the ground trying not to cry from the hard ground that had her body feel vain. She looked up to see a red flower bloomed in the middle part of the woods as she went blankly to stare at it. As she touched it blood began to pour and an evil grin happen to cause her inner sin to rise up at the amount of energy it gave her. 

<<End of Flashback>>

Goku Pov

Layla is staring at that flower for some reason as I saw a wild look on her face. I rushed over to grab her shoulders and stared at her blank expression that I never would've expected to see. 

"Layla! Snap out of it!" I shook her as she passed out into my arms.

"Is something wrong, Goku?" Whis asked.

"I don't know. She was fine and now I can't understand why she was staring at that flower." I worried staring down at her.

"Perhaps it was something of a memory that she couldn't quite handle. Take her back to your place and let her rest." Whis replied.

"I guess so. I'll let you two know when she gets any better." I said transmission back to home as I carried her to my room to let her lay down. She looked so peaceful. WAIT!? What am I saying? I can't have romantic relationship from the last moment I had with Chi Chi.