Damn.

Fine.

He had gelled his hair to the side, smiling with a freshly shaven face, and stood in a black tux with a rose in one hand. His eyes were glistening as they trailed my figure up and down.

"You look-"

"Incredible," I finished for him. I had so much more to say but it was the first word that popped into my mind.

"Yeah," He agreed, while pulling me in for a hug. "Well, I look incredible."

I rolled my eyes.

"But you look breathtaking," He finished. He holds the blood red flower to my face. "For you."

I grabbed it and sniff it's heavenly aroma, "It's beautiful, thank you."

"Anything for you."

I blushed. "Where exactly are we having dinner? It doesn't look like anyone's here."

"Look again," He pointed behind me.

This time when I turned to the water, there, floating at the end of the dock was a white yacht, lit up from end-to-end in bright white lights. It possessed golden trims and detailed carvings to complete its luxurious feel.

My jaw dropped. "What the-"

"I know, it's a bit much for a first official date," He mentioned humbly. "But considering how many times we've been interrupted, I figured no one could reach us out on the water."

"Nate, I don't even-"

"Then don't," He held a hand out to me. "Let's go."

_____________________________

"So, you're still not going to tell me what the number four signifies?" I asked Nate again, pointing to the ink on his finger that had been driving me crazy since we first met.

Nate leaned an elbow against the table and cocked his head to the side. "No, for the thousandth time. Are you going to keep asking me until I have to push you overboard?"

I laughed through my nose since my mouth is full of what was the best (and most expensive) champagne I'd ever had. "Isn't it weird to get a tattoo placed on the most obvious part of your body and not expect to give people the story behind it?"

He cleared his throat. "Number one, my finger is not the most obvious part of my body - it's clearly my front cover airbrushed face."

I didn't even bother holding back a laugh at his playful arrogance.

"Number two," He continued, holding two fingers in my face. "Tattoo's are personal. I don't have to give people an explanation if I don't want too."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay dramatic Debby." I hear my own slurred words all too clear.

He chuckled in a sound that was about two octaves higher than regular, a quirk I noticed that only came out when he had a few drinks. "It's Debby downer not dramatic Debby."

I paused. "Oh. Oops."

We both took a few minutes to laugh.

I had to admit, this was by far the best first date I've ever had. From the start till now, we had been at ease. Our conversation's flowed, we laughed non-stop, and everything in the world outside of this boat seemed to vanish into thin air. Forward didn't come up once during any of our conversation and for good reason. We kept it personal in order to try and get to know one another without the boss-and-intern relationship hanging over our heads.