The Consequences of Cutting out Tongues

Life is trial and error. But mostly error. Like, a shitload of error.

"Is that a dead body?!" Lucian exclaimed, his chocolate eyes wide with horror and disbelief.

"Maybe?" I replied, hopeful that he wouldn't ask any more questions.

"It is!" Lucian insisted. "I can see it right in front of me!"

Not wanting him to do anything rash, I assured him, "Don't worry! I promise I'll clean it up before we eat!"

Then the others finally came in.

And that is why I was stuck with the single worst punishment in the world.

Cleaning.

"You know, no one bothered me this much when I was dead!" I yelled as I scrubbed the floors.

"What?" Sean asked, his green eyes showing confusion.

"You were fucking dead?!" Gabriel exclaimed.

"No, she's obviously joking," North argued with a roll of his dark eyes.

"No, I'm not!" I argued right back, throwing down the sponge.

"Oh, yeah?" Nathan challenged. "Then how are you still here?"

Damn. My husband should never challenge me like that, especially in front of others. I'll have to yell at him later.

"It didn't stick," I growled out, my eyes flashing.

"Clearly," Marc snorted. "But what are you talking about?"

Shrugging, I lifted up my shirt so my stomach was exposed. A shade of pink adorned a good number of their cheeks, making me grin. They are too cute!

They all looked at my scar. Probably the coolest one I have.

"Ignore the knife wounds, bullet scars, and burns," I ordered them cheerfully. "See that gnarly scar in the shape of a bite? That's where the zombie got me."

"You were bitten by a zombie?" Corey asked, surprise lighting his ocean blue eyes.

I rolled my own eyes, released the hem of my shirt, and replied, "No, I'm fucking lying through my teeth. This scar is from a hippo from my trip to kill some duke. That was a crazy mission."

"Wait. What?" Brandon said, his brow wrinkled in confusion. "I'm so confused on so many levels."

"I have a feeling Miss Ventrova was being sarcastic," Owen inserted smoothly.

"I still wanna know the truth," Nathan muttered, running a hand through his hair.

I shrugged. "My level of sarcasm has gotten to the point where I don't even know if I'm kidding or not. But if my husband wants to know, we can ask Wil."

"Husband?!" They all exclaim, even Nathan.

"Nathan, how could you?!" I cried. "You already forgot about our marriage?! I expected you to wait until we were at least thirty before cheating on me!"

"What?!" They all yelled as Nathan roared, "What on earth are you talking about?!

Sniffing, I replied, "You're a redhead, I'm a redhead. It's that simple. We must be married!"

Nathan got this funny look in his eye and said, "You mean you only wanted to marry me for my hair color?"

"Duh," I responded, rolling my eyes. "Why else would someone get married?"

"I KNEW IT!!" Gabriel burst out before turning an amusing shade of red.

"Anywho..." I said, looking at him kinda funny. "The scar really was from a zombie. The scar from the hippo is on my leg."