Chapter 11

Melody

Choking on my food, I glared at Emma as she gave me a sheepish grin and shrugged her shoulders. Sighing I shook my head in disappointment and continued to eat my food not paying any heed to Hunter. A moment later of silence, a kick on my feet brought my attention to Hunter and he gave me a small smile.

Giving him a smile of my own, I glanced down at my food and let out a sigh as I saw the plate almost empty. My hands reached for my glass of water and I took a huge gulp to satisfy my thirst. My eyes strayed away from the cup to everyone else in the room.

I didn't know what Hunter held, but in just a week I seemed to be thinking of him constantly and whenever he was away from me, I yearned to touch him and feel his sweet warmth that calmed my almost erratic heart. Whenever he was in the same room as me, it felt like the time stopped and it was just us two in the room.

"So, do you have a girlfriend Hunter?", Emma asked him slyly.

"If I had one, I wouldn't be here", He glanced at me and winked.

Emma's eyes made contact with mine and she gave me a suggestive look that said "bang him and get it out of your system". Even without me telling her she just knew exactly what I was thinking. But I wasn't those types of girls who would shag a guy and leave him the second they were done, instead I wanted a relationship where both parties wouldn't cheat and their love would grow stronger everyday.

But I don't think I am ready for a relationship just yet, with my parents now gone, I just felt empty and I couldn't ruin the guy because of my selfish reasons. A hand rested on my lap and I glanced towards Hunter who gave me a cocky smirk and squeezed my thigh.

He leaned in and whispered, "Stop thinking so deeply".

Rolling my eyes, I tried to swat his hand away but he just kept it firmly on my thighs and went back to his food. To be honest, I didn't want him to remove his hand, instead I wanted it to explore every inch of me but I knew that would be awkward since I just met him few weeks ago.

A phone ringing made my head snap towards the living room, standing up from my chair, I strolled into the room and looked at the caller Id. Dread ran through me as I looked at the unknown number, somehow my mind was telling me to ignore it but a part of me still wanted to answer.

Ignoring that little voice inside my head, I clicked the green button and pressed the phone to my ear. Silence enveloped us like warm blankets but I could still hear the other person's breathing through the phone. A part of me told me to end the call and put the phone down but I didn't.

"Hello", My voice came out shaky and I swallowed when I heard the person chuckle.

My eyes widened and my breath hitched in my throat. Suddenly the four walls of the room seemed to close down on me as those buried memories flooded back in and I took a deep breath to calm my ranging heart and mind down.

"How are you doing without me baby?", His deep voice resonated through the tiny phone in my hand.

"Why are you calling?", I built the courage to ask him.

"You know the reason babe", His voice was humorous like he was enjoying my fear.

"You're sick", I hissed and clenched my hands into fists when I heard him laugh.

"You know I am", He spoke between chuckles.

"I told you to leave me alone", I bit my lip to stop the scream that was threatening to come out.

"Come home", His voice turned soft like he actually cared.

"No", I bit out and ended the call without hearing his answer.

All those forgotten memories and feelings that were buried deep inside my heart came flooding back, never once stopping. My mind was screaming in agony but no one heard my voice. How could he find me? I thought I escaped him but now that he found me he'll make sure to make my life a living hell.

The phone rang once again and I bit my lip contemplating whether to answer it or not. After a second or two, I pressed the green button and brought the phone to my ear.

"Please, just leave me alone", I pleaded him.

"I just miss my wife babe".

  ————————————————————————-

Say whaatttt? Melody is married?

Please don't forget to vote and comment 💕.