Epilogue

Alright, so I was surfing yt for a really sad song lol, and without you by Rachel Barry came up. Truthfully, I bawled my eyes out, it reminded me of Hunter's pain so much 💔💔.

Hunter

It's funny how our life could change in just the blink of an eye. It feels so surreal that I am never going to see her again. I will never wake up to see her beautiful smiles, her sweet smell and would never get to hear her sweet voice. It should've been me who's dead buried instead of her, I promised to protect her but I failed her miserably and now she's the one paying the price.

No matter how much I cried, screamed and begged her to come back, she couldn't. Yesterday she was here in my arms but now she's just a figment of my memory. Knowing she will never come back makes my heart twist in pain and when she died, she took half of me with her and I don't even know if I'll ever be the same again.

A hand squeezed my shoulder making me snap back into my cruel reality. My eyes strayed away from her tombstone as endless tears continued to stream down like a waterfall. Everyone was gathered around with either their heads down or looking straight ahead. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I nodded at Sebastian as everyone began to leave.

"Why did you leave me, Mia Bella?", My question hung in the air, unanswered.

My hands softly stroked her tombstone as I read the words over and over again. Here lies, A loving mother and a loving lover. If she was here right now, she would chastise me about not being strong and probably kick my ass for crying. She was a person who hated to make others cry and that's one of the reasons why I loved her so much. A life without her seemed painful.

Letting out a sigh, I glanced up at the sky and closed my eyes. It felt like she was still here with me, sitting closely by my side while laying her head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat and what I am saying, intently. My hands itched to touch her and hold her for even a second, but knowing I couldn't, they remained by my side.

"I miss you, Mia Bella", My voice cracked and I blinked my tears away.

"You know, I regret waiting now, I was waiting for the right time to do this, but I guess fate wasn't by our side", Getting the small red velvet box out of my pocket, I opened it and stared down at the small ring.

"Before I met you Mia Bella, I believed love didn't exist for men like me, I thought love made a man weak and vulnerable, but the minute I saw you, I knew I was doomed. You came into my life like a whirlwind and made my heart beat just a little bit faster, at first, I didn't know what I felt was love, but as we spend our time together, I realized what we had was more than love. I wanted to wake up next to your beautiful smiles, intoxicating smell and raise our little bundles of joy together, so what I am saying is, I am proposing to you, Mia Bella, even if you're not here anymore, you'll always have my heart in the palm of your hands".

Gently, laying the ring on her tombstone, I watched as it shone in the sunlight and a little smile made its way onto my lips. Maybe it was her way of saying yes, but whatever it was, I knew she would always be mine and I hers. Gripping the small velvet box, I inhaled deeply and my smile widened as the ring shone again.

"You'll always have my heart, Mia Bella, you're it for me and as long as I live, I promise you that I will raise Nicholas the way you've always wanted, I will give him all our love and protect him with my life, so you can rest easy, Mia Bella".

Running my fingers through my hair, I stared at the tombstone in silence and tried to keep my tears at bay. For every day of my life, I thank god for letting me meet this amazing woman, she made me a better person and showed me what true love really is. Although she was gone, her soul remained as one with mine.

She was one of the strongest person I knew, the world beat her down so many times, but she stood up, dusted her pants off and owned the world like the queen she really was. I was lucky to be able to watch her as she conquered the world.

Scrunches of leaves were heard and I snapped my head towards that direction. Emma was walking with tears streaming down her face and I slowly stood up. Nodding at her, I held her hands comfortingly while she looked down, her face contorted in pain.

Once, she found out about Melody's passing, she immediately rushed here with Aiden and sobbed until there were no tears left. I thought she would blame me, but instead she told me it wasn't my fault, but deep down I knew it was. If I didn't let her go that day, she would've been here, but she also had to protect her son and that's what made me admire her even more.

"She'll be okay", Wiping her tears away, she gave me a grim smile.

Gently squeezing her hands, I watched as she made her way towards the car. I knew it was hard for her, after all they were like sisters. Taking a deep breath, I glanced down and tried not to cry for her sake. Even though she wasn't here physically, she would always be with me mentally guiding me in this dark world.

"Till we meet again, Mia Bella".

———————————————————————-

Woow, and there is the ending of this story. Words cannot explain how much pain I went through while writing this ending and speaking about endings, I realized that not everyone gets their happy endings in real life and I wanted to make Melody's and Hunter's story as realistic as possible. But please, don't hate on this story. Hate me all you want but not on this story.

Their love was as pure as them but their ending was just as tragic. But what really made me fall in love with Hunter's and Melody's love is that they tried to beat their obstacles together, so once again please don't hate this story.

I will be kind of taking a break from writing since we're moving out of the state and adjusting to a new one is going to be difficult, but I promise you guys, I will be getting back soon.

Lastly, I want to thank each and everyone of you for supporting me and encouraging me to do better. So thank you all so much, if it wasn't for you guys, Hunter and Melody wouldn't have happened, so thank you and I love you all so much.

Please don't forget to vote and comment 💕.