Chapter 2

Akiko POV

We walked to an open field that had targets and dummies and stuff like that. I looked up at kiba. "What are we doing here?" I asked.

He looked down at me. "I am going to teach you how to speak English."

"English? I thought I spoke English?" I asked. "At least, that's what Menma told me." I said sadly looking down.

"Who is Menma?" he asked.

"Menma is a black wolf who found me as a new born baby alone in the forest and raised me. I thought he would stay with me but when I came here he was gone." I said.

"Oh. Well lets start training." he said. "Say Kiba."

"Kiba." I said.

"No in English."

"Ki-ba." I said.

"Good job." he said smiling. And that's how it went all day. He told me to say a word and its definition and I would say it. Soon it was dark. "Where are you staying tonight?" Kiba asked.

"Is there any caves in the village?" I asked.

He looked shocked. "No. You will be staying with me at my house. Lets go." he said. I nodded and followed him.

We came to what looked like a smaller village in the village. We came up to a big house. He opened the door and walked, me following close behind.

"I'm home!" he called. Right after he said that, it sounded like a stampede from in the house. Soon there was two women standing in front of Kiba and a lot of dogs behind them.

"How was your day?!"

"Did you make new friends?!"

"Do you have any homework?!"

"Welcome home!!"

"Why were you gone so long?!"

"Did you get in trouble?!"

I whimpered behind Kiba from the load noise. The women shut up and looked behind Kiba at me. kiba started to mumble. "3...2...1..."

"Who is this?!"

"Why does she look like that?!"

"Is she your girlfriend?!"

"Why is she on all fours?!"

"Why does she smell like wolf?!"

"What's going on here?!"

"Mother, Hana, this is Akiko. Akiko, this is my mother and sister." Kiba introduced us.

"Hi I'm Tsume. Nice to meet you Akiko." his mother said.

"I'm Hana, are you my brothers girlfriend?" she asked.

I tilted my head in confusion. "Girl-friend? What's girl-friend?" I asked Kiba. His face goes red. "Why face red?" his face goes even redder.

Tsume and Hana are laughing. "S-shut up guys!" Kiba yells at them.

"A girlfriend is a regular female companion with whom a person has a romantic or sexual relationship." Tsume explains.

"Oh." I say in understanding. They all sweat drop.

"Can Akiko stay with us? She doesn't have anywhere to go." Kiba asks his mom.

"Yes. She can stay in your room." Tsume says and leaves to another room. Hana winks at her brother and leaves as well.

"Lets go Akiko." Kiba says walking into a different room. It was a plain room. A dresser on the far end corner, a bed next to a window and a bookshelf in front of it.