Chapter 15

5 minutes away from the apartment, my phone buzzed with texts from Hayley.

I ignored them, and kept driving, making sure I didn't get anymore texts from her.

I gripped the steering wheel tightly, knowing I would get a lecture about how long I was gone. Hayley says I tend to act like her mom, but I think it's the opposite.

Yawning loudly, I looked at the time on my phone. It was 4:00 pm, usually around the time Hayley gets hungry. Oh boy, now she's gonna force me to make her food.

A few minutes later, I was already trudging up the stairs to my apartment. I'm almost positive that all of this stair climbing hade formed bulky muscles in my legs.

As I fumbled for my keys at the front door of my apartment, Hayley had opened the door, and pulled me inside.

"Where the hell were you!?" She asked angrily as she closed the door.

I blushed."I just went out for a drive!".

"Well your face doesn't prove that!" She said sharply.

I placed my hands on my face, I was sweaty and my lips were soaked from earlier.

I lowered my hands, and crossed my arms "You think I'm the one who needs to do the explaining, yet you were alone all day with James, in my room" I snapped to her.

Hayley's jaw dropped In anger. "I was studying!!"

"It didn't seem like it to me!" I said, and walked to my room to see if she was telling the truth.

Hayley stayed in place, and her face was full of anger.

I poked my head into my room, and saw that there were school papers laying on my bed. I walked to my bed, and collected the papers. It seemed like they were studying, but I kept looking.

I opened my drawers, checked behind my dressers, shuffled some of my stuff around, and found nothing.

I groaned, and sat on the floor, until something caught my eye that was under my bed. I crawled over to it, to find that it was a condom wrapper.

I sat up, and bit my tongue.

"HAYLEY IM GOING TO KILL YOU!!" I screamed furiously.

I stood up, and ran over to Hayley, with the wrapper in my hand.

"WHAT DID YOU NEED THIS FOR?" I screamed, as I threw the wrapper on her.

She stood there silently.

I breathed heavily, and my temples throbbed, as I waited for an answer.

"TELL ME!" I yelled.

She stared at me hard. Her facial expression showed no emotion. she then opened her mouth.

"I.. I......." Hayley sighed, and she bursted into tears.

"I'm sorry ok!!!" She yelled, as tears streamed all down her face, making her mascara smear.

I took a deep breath, and looked away.

"You know.., James usually pressures me into it" she added.

I starred at her coldly. "What exactly do you expect if you INVITE him to our apartment!!!"

"We'll he's my BOYFRIEND!" Hayley yelled.

"Boyfriends don't pressure you to have sex with them Hayley!!"

Hayley clenched her fists.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN MY LIFE TAYLOR?!?" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

She then stormed into her room, and slammed the door.

As soon as she clenched her fists, I had regretted ever saying what I said.

I ran over to the door to her room and leaned on it.

"Hayley I-"

"I don't want to hear it!" Hayley said, interrupting me.

I stood there in silence.

After a minute, I slid down onto the floor.

"Well Hayley, I know you don't want to hear a whole lecture about how I'm sorry, right after I acted like a total bitch,

But I just want you to know..

Everything I ever decided to do, and everything that's ever happened this year, was with you Hayley. I know we were stupid to do all if this with our boyfriends, and I was wrong to blame things on you and yell at you. Even through the stupidest and saddest moments. Truth is.. all I really needed was you by my side, because you've always been there. And the one time you needed me, I turned you down...

I'm sorry Hayley" I said.

After all of that, she didn't say anything.

All I heard was her crying from the other side of the door, and she seemed even more upset.

"Hayley?" I said, as my eyes started

Watering.

The door suddenly opened. Hayley stood in the doorway, and her eyes were teared up.

"Taylor, do you really mean that?" she asked in a sob.

"Yes Hayley, I do, because you my best friend"

She sniffled, and wiped her eyes.

"Taylor, that was the sweetest thing ever!" she said, and she tackled me onto the floor in a hug.