Chapter 7

Ashton's POV~

I woke up next to Scarlett with my arms still around her waist. Last night replayed in my mind. She sounded like she was drunk but it could have been the loss of blood.

She stirred awake and her eyes opened to a bright green.

"Hey, hey" I comforted. "It's alright, was it a bad dream?"

Her eyes softened and she nodded.

"I felt like someone was chasing after me," she explained "I don't know who it was but all I had to do was run, then I tripped over a log and my foot caught on," I could tell she was in a lot of fear.

"It's okay Scarlett, I've got you," I comforted, sitting up. Since I had a top bunk there was more space to stretch and move.

"I think we should go see the others," she suggested. I nodded and she jumped down. I did the same and we walked out

"Awh, there's the two lovers!" Luke smirked and I flipped him off.

"Did you guys have fun cuddling?" Said the giggling Chloe.

"Shut up," Scarlett said crossing her arms. I zoned out on Chloe and Scarlett's conversation to go sit down with Luke, Michael, and Calum. Of course Michael and Calum were sitting next to each other holding hands.

"So, I hear you like that girl," Michael stared at Scarlett and her messy hair.

"From who?"

"Luke," Michael answered. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"It's going to be hard for her to see us go if you guys form feelings for each other," Calum joined.

"That's why I'm going to ask her to go to Australia with us,"

"Wait, what?" They all said in unison. Just then Chloe went to go to her car.

"That's my cue," Luke said standing up. We all waved bye and Scarlett walked over to us.

"Oh my god, Michael... C-Calum... I feel dizzy" I shot up to go steady her. Calum giggled and Michael said, "hi, it's nice to meet you... Scarlett?" He questioned her name. She nodded and giggled. I let go of her, slung my arm around her neck, and chuckled.

"I'm taking her under my wing until she knows how to control herself on her own," I explained. She nodded again

"I'm going to go and look presentable, do you have brush I can borrow?" She asked me. I nodded and told her it was in the bathroom behind the mirror.

"Thanks," She said, kissed me on the cheek, and skipped into the bus.

"Ooooh" Michael and Calum said in sync. I shrugged and sat down.

"You guys are totally dating!" Calum shouted.

"Can we not talk about this?" I asked eagerly. They shrugged and nodded. We started talking about Scarlett and about the kiss we shared yesterday. Then we started talking about other things until Scarlett came back out in the hairstyle she had yesterday. She had the same band singlet on and some ripped black skinnies. Once she sat down I told her it was time to start training. She groaned and I sighed.

"Sorry, but without my help you'll be lost and hungry. Besides we'll bring back food," I said reassuringly.

~

Scarlett's POV~

"Western Washington forests are the best," Ashton started to explain. "They're covered in such voluminous evergreen trees" I giggled and nodded. Suddenly he stopped.

"Shh..." He put a finger up to his lips. "There!" He exclaimed, pointing to a squirrel about ten yards away.

"Okay follow my lead" he started to tiptoe over to the innocent little squirrel that was now his next victim.

~

We played follow the leader, or at least it felt like it, for about an hour and we got two squirrels, six birds, and surprisingly three bunnies. I only killed two squirrels, I had Ashton kill everything else.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked breaking the silence. My breathing hitched and I nodded. He bit his lip and sighed.

"If you say no I won't be mad, but if you say yes I will be the happiest man on earth," my heart quickened. 'Was he going to ask me to marry him?' I questioned.

He stopped and stood in front of me. He grabbed my hands, looked into my eyes, and said, "Will you move to Australia with me? With the band? I know it's probably to soon but we're leaving tomorrow and I will be crushed if I had to see you stay behind, because," there was a pause. "I really like you,"

"Oh god Ashton... I don't know what to say... I like you to but, I don't think I can move so quickly," I breathed. There was another long silence. We finally got to his car.

Once the car was moving there was also another long silence.

"A-Ashton?" His eyes were on the road but I kept staring at him.

"Can you give me time to think about it?" I asked hoping he would say yes. About a minute of yet, another awkward silence he finally said yes. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N)

Hey guys! I cannot thank you enough for how many reads and votes. Alyssa and I are stunned. We love you all a lot!

I don't know what to say other than thank you.... Alyssa and I really appreciate everything!

What should happen next? Comment!

Don't forget to vote and maybe a follow;)

I love you all!

XOXO - Madie