Orginal Work | I've Caught Up

Whoopdy doo I should be doing homework

Tony Stark never wanted it to end up like this. He didn't want Steve dead, Bruce permanently stuck as Hulk, Natasha and Clint to be tortured, for Peter...for Pepper to be taken. He never wanted any of this.
  He stared down at the bodies of his friends, his family, rethinking everything. If he only just did this, said that, none of this would have happened. He never meant harm.
  "You did the right thing," Thanos approached from behind Tony, looking down, almost through the broken soul that was the billionaire. Not that money would really matter all that much after this.
  "We didn't want this," Tony muttered. His eyes were unable to move away from Steve's dead eyes.
  "You didn't want this. It had to be done," Thanos put a hand on Tony's shoulder, causing a flinch from the human. "Why do you flinch, Tony?" He hated when Thanos used his first name like that. "Do you not put your trust to me?"
  "No, sir, I have,"
  Thanos looked down on the fallen soldier of Captain America. "Even if I was blind, it is clear to see you never really hated Captain America, did you?" When Tony didn't reply, Thanos continued. "The will not remember him,"
  "They will," Tony dared to interrupt his boss.
  "And how so?" Thanos removed his hand from Tony's shoulder.
  "He was-is a hero. They will remember him because he risked everything to protect our planet,"
  Thanos was silent for an extent, causing concern and fear to clog Iron Man's throat. He'd said something out of line, and he was going to pay.
  "I could snap my fingers right now, Stark, if i wanted to. Kill the only reason you joined me in the first place. Now would you want that?"
  Tony paled. He already lost his son, their son. Peter was so young. The Snap took Peter away from him and Pepper and May, All those adults had left was each other. He wasn't willing to risk losing them too.
  "No, no sir,"
  "When you wanted to join my many other children, I was quite surprised," Thanos spoke as he walked away from the New York battlefield, or what was left of it; Tony followed suit. "An Avenger, wanting to join 'the enemy'. You must know I had thoughts of my downfall, coming from none other than you," The Titan stopped and bent down to reach Tony's level, making Tony stop in his tracks. "You're a powerful man, Tony. You're one of my most valuable weapons."
  "I'm glad to hear that, sir,"
  Thanos sighed. "Anthony, why did you join my forces?"
  Once again, Tony had to restrict himself from shivering at the mention of his first name. "To protect what's left of Earth and help the rest of the universe," he said for more times than he can count.
  "I don't think that's true," Thanos challenged. "You want to protect your family, that is correct. But I have reasons to believe you're planning my demise,"
  "Why would you question my loyalty, sir? I am faithfully yours," Tony gave a small bow, though hating it.
  "You're working with the remaining Avengers to stop my 'genocide',"
"I would never do such a crime," Tony protested.
"I know how your mind works, Stark. You think you can save everyone and kill the enemy without being hurt. But you have a flaw. You throw yourself into things without planning. In New York, in every fight, you don't plan. You run and hope the fear never catches up. I've, unfortunately for you, caught up." 
Tony paled. He knew. He knew.
  "Sir, I-"
Tony was interrupted by a mind-blowing pain in his right leg. He looked down, and screamed. It was peeling away from his body.
  "I wish i didn't have to kill you, Anthony. You made a great ally," Thanos sighed, ripping Tony's leg from his body. Than an arm, than other leg. Tony was screaming out in pain, bleeding out. He was going to die any moment.
  "I hope they remember you," Thanos' words echoed through Tony's brain as everything went black.