Chapter 63

"Yah, Kim Taehyung!" was Seokjin's first words as he burst into the room, looking enraged, two days after Taehyung gave them coronary. "What on earth were you thinking when you jumped?! May I remind you that you're still very much susceptible to sickness- oh, wait, no- your fever did that for you," the eldest reprimanded- or more like sassed- placing his hands on his waist in vexation, not caring if the one at the receiving end of his outburst was frozen, looking wide-eyed at him like a puppy.

Oh, no, that ain't working on me!

He was still very much riled up about what happened two days ago, all the frustration and worry that he had been holding for the past two days of barely any sleep, with no way of venting it out, finally oozing out of him- and so, he continued. "Or maybe I should be talking about the fact that you reopened your stitches twice already! Were you going for your third stitching experience when you decided that jumping in excitement with no care about your own well-being would be fun? Do you love giving me a heart attack? Because I swear you will be the death of me, Taehyung. I swear!"

Then there goes the fretting, a complete 180 degrees turn, as he practically threw himself at the younger, placing his hands on the younger's cheeks, feeling his forehead next. "Is your fever really gone? Are you really feeling better? Are you okay? Did you sleep well? Did you have any nightmares? Oh, god, the nightmares. You must have been lonely and scared- but it's okay now. We're here now. I missed you so much-" and then, "-don't ever do that again!"

He hit Taehyung on the shoulder, barely withholding his strength, summoning a yelp from the younger. "Oh my god, I'm so glad you're okay!" Then, he pulled him to an almost bone-crushing hug, burying his face on the crook of his neck.

To say that Taehyung was flustered and apologetic all at once would be an understatement. He looked pass the eldest who's still hugging him and found that the remaining five were trying so hard not to end up soft and weak-willed like their hyung. They were clearly failing though, because Taehyung only watched for exactly two seconds before the stern look they were trying so hard to keep completely vanished, replaced with pure and raw worry instead.

The next second, well... to sum it up, Taehyung found six bodies trying to stick themselves to him.

Honestly, he found the situation rather amusing. Taehyung didn't even get to recite or express the practised apology he spent two days formalising inside his head. Heck, they didn't even let him utter the word 'sorry', knowing fully well that he had already been feeling guilty about robbing them, and himself, of time to be together. Oh, and the grand and dramatic entrance, the barrel of scolding and disapprovals that came with great urgency, and the slap of concerns and fretting- those were the highlights of the story behind the current pile of bodies all around him.

"But seriously," Namjoon spoke after a while. "Don't ever, EVER, do that again."

Taehyung didn't dare not comply to that.

Three days later...

Taehyung's physical therapy started and along with it came good news. He was informed that he could finally eat his favorite Jajangmyeon (noodles in black bean sauce), a slight upgrade from soft food. In celebration to that, his members and managers welcomed him back to his room after his first session with a bowl of Jajangmyeon, waiting just for him, along with some of his favorite side dishes, in courtesy of Seokjin who promised to make them for him weeks ago.

It goes without saying that Taehyung was touched and ecstatic with the gesture, and to highlight the day, he seemed to have gotten back his appetite, almost finishing everything prepared for him in delight.