Chapter 4

The boys once again woke up to a Taehyung-less dorm. However, this time, it wasn't just missing the boy that they had felt, they felt bad as well. They didn't mean to vent out their frustrations at him last night. But with the way that he was about to bug them about hanging out again, they just couldn't help it.

Jimin sighed. He shot up from bed and stretched.

He missed his best friend. Waking up to a dorm without him was something he was painfully getting used to and he didn't want that. Even the more why he wanted to beat himself up. His best friend had been trying to spend time with him despite the busy schedules and yet he couldn't find time to do so. Surely, Taehyung was more tired than he was and yet it seemed that he was more drained. How? Probably because his best friend was good at hiding things behind his boxy smiles. Who knows what that guy was thinking most of the time?

When he finally gathered enough morning energy to walk himself to the kitchen, he saw Jin staring at a note stuck on the refrigerator.

It read:

I'm sorry, Jin hyung. Have a good day everyone! ^.^

"Hyung, is that from..." Jimin asked, already knowing who had left the note.

"Yeah," Jin smiled in appreciation. "Remind me why I got annoyed by that brat last night again?"

He was sure to make it up to Taehyung when he gets back. Although he hadn't meant what he had said the night before, he felt trully apologetic.

Like how he had always promised the younger, if he couldn't give the time Taehyung wanted, he would offer his ears to make it up to him when he gets back.

But deep inside his heart, Jin knew that he wouldn't be able to keep that promise today either.

Yoongi was surprisingly the second to come out of his territory. Usually, he would sleep in, but today was not the day to be sleeping around when he knew something big happened between the group last night. They have had their fall outs before but it was never Taehyung-centric. The boy would always somehow side with both parties and try to understand both sides of an argument but last night was different. He had been the one who needed someone to side with him and all Yoongi could think of was to try and understand him like he had to them countless of times. For sure it was something big since Taehyung, after all, wasn't at all that easy to read but when something was wrong, he would let it show or fail not to.

"Morning," he greeted the two once he entered the kitchen, straight away eyeing the coffee.

"Taehyung?" Jin guessed. It was a rare occasion that Yoongi ever wakes up early and it had got to be something that has got to do with what happened last night.

"Yeah," he just nodded.

Jimin smiled. "Aw! Yoongi hyung!"

"Shut up," he almost blushed. He wasn't one to show his affection towards the members but it didn't mean he didn't care. They all knew that.

"Is Taehyung gone again?" Namjoon asked as he waltzed in with a yawn, behind him a sleepy maknae.

"I want to apologize to Taehyung hyung properly," Jungkook had said, rubbing his eyes cutely.

"When I woke up he was gone," Jimin pouted. "Don't worry, Jungkookie," Jimin patted him on the back. "You can do that when he gets back."

"Guys," the hope of the group entered the picture, a paper in hand and a huge grin on his face. "Taehyungie left us an apology letter."

"Again, remind me why I ever snapped at him last night!" Jin sighed in frustration, more guilt haunting him.

"It's okay, hyung," Namjoon sighed as well. "We all say things we don't mean when we're angry sometimes."

There was a question behind his eyes as he said this.

"What?" Yoongi, who had noticed, asked.

"He seemed like he really meant it though," Namjoon replied.

The others frowned in confusion.

"What about? Who?" J-Hope asked.

"Taehyung. About having a good news to share. It must have been important for him since his eyes lit up when he spoke of it."

The group fell silent, more guilt slapping them in the face.

It wasn't Taehyung who was being selfish all along. It was them and they knew it.

"We could have just listened!" Jin roughly scratched at his head. "Why did I have to vent out my anger on someone so pure and innocent?!"

They could now remember, in detail, how Taehyung had looked hurt last night.

For the rest of the day, thoughts of Taehyung and how they had treated him badly haunted them as they tried to focus on practice. With every single flashback, the stronger the desire to see the boy become. They wanted to see him and make up for all the times they have rejected him. And before long, night had touched the skies of Seoul.

And their excited and determined. They almost felt proud of themselves that they were actually looking forward to seeing Taehyung.

They'll apologize to Taehyung tonight and finally (finally) spend time with him.

But fate had its other plans.