Chapter 34

The first day away from Taehyung went by with a manageable turmoil.

But the second day, the members hoped they could say the same.

None of them checked their phones the previous day so when Namjoon did when he woke up just to see the time, he was shocked by the amount of text messages and missed calls he received from his manager.

Namjoon, what the heck did you guys do?!

Answer my call!

Why isn't anyone answering me?!

What the heck, Namjoon!

Why the heck did you leave Taehyung?! Do you have any idea what you've done?!

Answer my call, dammit!

There was a long time frame where the manager didn't text any further. Namjoon guessed he was busy calling them instead. But without reading the rest of the messages, he could already guess that something's wrong.

The most recent text he got gave him a punch and a kick in the gut.

Taehyung, hasn't woken up, Namjoon! If you guys think I'd let you off easy then you got it wrong! Don't even think of coming back here! You'd only waste your time!

Panic built up inside of him.

What happened to Taehyung? What's going on?

He shot up from bed so fast, the world spun for a few seconds. But even that couldn't calm the bubbling worry inside him.

He walked across the room to where Jungkook was sleeping on his bed.

"Kook, wake up. Now," Namjoon ordered then he left the room in a frantic; presumably to wake the others up.

Jungkook was normally hard to convince to leave his bed, let alone wake up. But when he heard how panicked his leader was, there was an alarming signal from his gut feeling that he should drag his butt out at least to try and find out what was going on.

The moment Jungkook emerged from his room, Jimin was there to push him back in.

Confused and sleepy, he looked at his hyung who only gave him a hurried small smile that had a tint of uncertainty.

"I don't know, Kookie, but Jin Hyung and Namjoon said to get ready fast. Come on," Jimin urged, giving the younger a pat on the back. "We're going to the hospital."

Jungkook didn't ask further. He knew as well as Jimin knew, without anyone confirming it for them, that something went wrong.

The fear comes with the thought that whatever they are panicking over now was regarding Taehyung. Because really, who wouldn't?

It was their Taehyung.

In five minutes record time, Jungkook had brushed his teeth, washed his face, and changed his clothes. He did all that while his hyungs crowded the bathroom all at once.

He was the first one to put on his shoes and stand by their front door ready to go. He looked more awake than he could ever be.

Truthfully, although he hadn't spoken to them about what happened in the hospital two nights ago, he thought about it a lot. And honestly, as much as he loved all his hyungs, in his opinion, all of them were stupid.

He didn't know if they realized that but he was pretty sure that what he thought was right despite his title as the maknae.

He felt sour and bitter every time his mind goes back to that night. He didn't know exactly what but there was a dark and intense burning feeling deep inside his heart and mind that he just knew he had to suppress. That feeling never dissipated even after he slept and practically wasted his day yesterday.