Chapter 20

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sleeping silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second time Taehyung opened his eyes, there were a couple of things he noticed. First, whatever was shoved down his throat before was now gone. Second, instead of hearing sniffles, he heard a mixture of soft and loud snores. Third, like before, someone was holding his left hand. However this time, someone was holding on to his arm as well as if sharing him.

Breathing still hurt and moving even an inch seemed to send pain all over his body. His head was still pounding but he didn't care.

He brought his eyes down on his hand. Jungkook was sleeping soundly as the younger held his hand with his own. Jimin had his right hand placed on top of his arm as he slept silently as well.

The loudest snore that Taehyung could hear from somewhere on his far right was probably Namjoon. The others were probably Yoongi and J-Hope.

Taehyung could see Jin sitting up right on a sofa behind the maknae and Jimin, head hung low as he slept.

Taehyung smiled at the scene. His members were here. His members were actually here.

Jungkook and Jimin, being the only one who were easy to capture in Taehyung's line of sight given the cast around his neck, had been his entertainment for the hours he couldn't sleep.

He had stared at their sleeping faces, basking the warmth- knowing they were here- in his heart.

He was tired but he couldn't sleep. He was scared that when he closes his eyes, the members wouldn't be there when he opens them back.

The door suddenly opened.

Taehyung's mom emerged and gave her baby a warm smile of love, joy and relief.

"My baby, you're awake," his mom whispered, careful not to wake the others up.

He offered her the widest smile he could muster and mouthed a greeting.

His mother seemed to cry with the gesture.

Taehyung panicked. He didn't want to see her cry.

"Please don't cry," Taehyung forced himself to say. His throat hurt. It sounded as painful as it was. "I love you."

At the sound of her son's voice, she couldn't help but cry harder. When she received the call from the manager bringing the news of her son's accident, her world stopped and she barely held herself strong. Now, her son was finally awake and well.

"I love you too," his mother walked over to his side and planted a kiss on his forehead.

He missed his mother. So much.

"How are you feeling?" his mother asked as she sat on a chair beside his bed.

"My whole body aches. But I'm fine. How are you? How's dad and my siblings?" He asked back.

"Your father sent your brothers home. They came to visit you when they heard you woke up but you were sleeping when they came. You should have seen Junjun's face when he heard of the news that his older brother woke up. He threw a tantrum when he arrived because 'hyung didn't wait for me before he slept! That's unfair!'"

Taehyung chuckled, ignoring the pain it brought to his wound.

"Mom..." Taehyung's voice suddenly became distant and his mother became worried.

"Mm?"

"I died didn't I?" he asked quietly, voice almost unheard.

"W-what?" his mother was shocked.

The doctors had told them not to mention to Taehyung the times that his heart had stopped beating. At least not now because it might affect his recovery; both physically and mentally.

Taehyung didn't fail to notice how his mother's face became pale at his words.

"No... Nothing. I'm sorry. Nevermind," he smiled softly.

His mother was about to say something but when Taehyung yawned and his eyes drooped, she let him slowly fall back to sleep.