34: It Feels Good To Be Queen

I got this idea off MischiefMages oneshot Right By Your Side Oneshot Series. It ain't copying because I'm not taking their oneshot, im just making it my own way so don't go copyright striking me (if that's even possible).
_______________________
Chapter 1
Lies and Love
____________________
Your Pov

As the days roll by it gets closer to my 14th birthday. This (month) I will be 14 and it will also be my lost stepsister Rapunzel's 18th birthday as well, as I've been told. Every year on my birthday, to celebrate it, the kingdom release beautiful lanterns in the sky. I've always wondered why lanterns but I guess it's just a very special thing just for me. I'm really annoyed because this year father is raising the amount of guards around the palace ever since Flynn Rider stole my sisters crown. They also never celebrate with me on my birthday because all they are worried about is finding their 'lost princess'.

"So cassandra have you heard from mother and father?" I ask my Lady-In-Waiting. "Sorry Your Highness but they are not." Cassandra Says sewing my new (colour) dress. "Ugh. Lemme guess. They are crying over Rapunzel again!" I scoff lying down on my bed covers. "I think. I'm not really sure but they told me that they wouldn't be able to spend your birthday with you because they were off in the town." Cassandra obviously bites her bottom lip signifying she is hiding something which raises suspicions. "Ugh! They always have an excuse for everything don't they!" I storm out of my room mad and angry hoping for answers from my parents. No guard maid or lady-in-waiting seems to care, as they just do what they are doing and let me storm through the palace halls.

"Frederick. We need to just forget. It's been 18 years. Why not just spend time with our other daughter!" I hear mother say through hers and fathers bedroom door. "I will not give up. Her magic needs to be kept safe. We can spend time with the other one once I know Rapunzel is okay. " Father says sadly. "Sure Frederick let's just release the lantern and hope she finds her way home!" Out of anger I burst through mum and dad's bedroom doors with tears in my eyes. "So That's What You Think Of Me Huh? Just The Other Non Magic Plain Old Normal One! You Know It's Rude To Not Call Someone By Their Name And Call Them The Other One!" I scream at the Royals. "(_____)-----!" "Shut It!" I shout at mother. "Not Only Did You Worry More About My Stupid Older Sister That's Probably Dead More Than Me For 14 Years, You Also Told Me The Lanterns Were to Celebrate My Birthday! That's All You Care About Isn't It! A Girl That's Who Knows How Far Away More Than Your Other Daughter Who Is What! 50 Steps Away!" Before my parents could say anything I run out of the castle and down through the town towards the docs. I jump in a boat and row into the harbor before leaving it to float as I cry into my knees.

A few moments later I crash into something causing my boat to rock. I look up but my sudden movements tip the boat over sending me splashing into the cold Harbor. "Oh My Gosh I'm so sorry! Are you okay!" I hear a boy say as I bring my head to the waters surface. "Yeah I'm fine just really cold!" I shiver. "Here!" The boy takes what looks like a glove off one of his hands and hoists me into his boat. "I'm so sorry again with knocking you into the lake." The boy apologizes. "Again it's okay!" I laugh. "Heh, I bet the princess is having a better time than you since it is her birthday after all!" What this boy says sparks my interest. "What?" I ask looking up from my towel. "Yah know the king and Queens daughter. Not the lost princess but the princess (_____). " I scoff at this boys remark. "Yeah! I bet she is having a great time! Names (____) by the way!" The boy smiles lightly and I smile back. "Names Varian!" At that moment the night sky gets filled with millions of lanterns glowing a soft yellow-orange. As lanterns start to float closer to the boat varians features show and I see licorice Black hair with a streak on his bangs the same colour of his shirt. His smile showed compassion and comfort and his eyes showed happiness and sensitivity. My eyes wonder over the many lanterns that float around harbor as they fill with tears. "You okay?" Varian asks as I wipe away the tears. "Y-Yeah I'm great it just umm I didn't really expect this many lanterns this year." I stammer. Varian smiles lightly at me as my eyes scan the corona bay.
______________________________________
Chapter 2
Theft
______________________________________