33: Friend or Foe?

Hey dude just letting you know this is in collaboration with JadeOchnio so if you want check out the second part of the oneshot where you choose varians side you'll have to go to her account to read it.
______________
Late one night in the castle of corona Varian a young alchemist, his girlfriend (_____) and Rapunzel the lost princess were running through secret passages to get to the chamber that holds the sun drop flower.

"Few!" Rapunzel breaths wiping her forehead. "That was one hell of a fight!" (____) laughs. "You okay (____)?" Varian asks concerned. "Yeah I'm doing great. I just didn't expect an ancient machine to be there. " (____) reassures. As Rapunzel walks towards a podium lights in the room flicker on revealing the long lost sun drop flower. "Holy mother of Alchemy. It's real. I've read about this in books but I thought it was myth. " (_____) walks toward the flower examining its figure lying on the silk pillow. "Told ya it was real." Varian says smuggly. "Yeah yeah,, Mr I know everything because I was born with a I.Q more than my girlfriends."" Replies (_____) sassly. "Don't take it the wrong way (nickname)." Varian replies worried.

As Rapunzel goes to take a glance at the flower which created her and saved her mother Varian swipes the flower and places it in his leather satchel. "Wait I thought you only needed one petal?" Rapunzel asks looking at (____) but she just shrugs in confusion. "What are you doing Varian. What haven't you told me?" (____) asks a little hurt from distrust. "What if it isn't enough to free my father." Varian snaps. "What if it doesn't work." (____) says. "It will work. I'm sure of it." Varian looks at Rapunzel then frowns. "I'm sorry Princess but you should never trust a alchemist who's heart was broken by someone he trusted." Rapunzel gets taken aback from variants sourness towards her. "But what about me Varian. I'm still here for you." Before Varian could answer a troop of guards storm through the doors and along with them is Cassandra, Eugene and Lance. "Bye Bye Princess. " Varian laughs throwing a Chem ball on the ground creating a smoke screen. He grabs (____) by the wrist and pulls her away with him.

Time skip to 2 hours later

"What the heck was that all about Varian!" (_____) screams walking through varians door and closing it behind her. "Why did you take the whole flower and, why did you bring me back with you! I don't want to bee seen like a bad guy which is how your starting to act like." "The flower was just rotting away. No one was using it. I also have to keep you safe since you are my girlfriend after all. Plus your the closest person I have got to me. Your all I have left." Varian emphasizes. " Being your girlfriend means supporting you in whatever you do but that's starting to get a little tricky." (____) says rubbing her temples. "Well if it's soo hard for you to support me then just leave." Varian says with tears in his eyes but anger in his tone. "*sighs* I won't leave you but you have to start making better choices." (______) Hugs Varian as he smile a small amount. "That's the Varian I fell in love with." (_____) Giggles.

Time skip to Fight (in secret of the sun drop)

"Hey buddy there's a line!" Eugene snarks. As everyone keeps on fighting the mini automatons Rapunzel cassandra and (_____) try and stop Varian as he tries to crush the Queen. "Varian stop!" Yells (_____) trying to swipe at the metal being with a sword. Varian watches her movements as she protects cassandra from Varians robot arm and instead of grabbing cass it grabs (____) . The grip on the hand tightens around (____) bit loosens as Varian realizes it was not cassandra. Varian put (___) on the ground and makes the automatons surround her so she doesn't escape. "Varian don't do anything stupid!" (_____) shouts at her rage driven boyfriend. "(____) You are either siding with me or with the princess. Either your boyfriend the one you love or the one that did this to us."

Rapunzel's Ending:

"I don't love you anymore Varian. All these rash decisions are too insane. I liked you better when you were happy and Dorking out with your alchemy stuff. This isn't the Varian I fell in love with. I'm sorry!" (_____) sadly turns to Rapunzel and smiles lightly. Rapunzel walks up to the black rocks and her hair glows. Suddenly a big flash of light glows throughout old corona and black rocks sprout around everywhere breaking all the automatons. "No no no no!" Varian screams angrily as his automaton breaks down. "It's over Varian!" Rapunzel says angrily as Varian gets out of his machine. "You will regret this. All of You!" Varian frowns cross and stares at (_____). "I'm sorry!" She mouths but his glare stays as the carriage moves away from the scene. "When I let him walk away, What if I had spoke instead, Why did I go on concealing, The confusion I was feeling?" (____) sadly looks at Varian as he moves out of view."Now I'll never get to say, All the things I should have said, Now there's no more love, just echos of, A life we should have led." Rapunzel puts a shoulder on (____)s shoulder and smiles. "If I could take that moment back, If he were here beside me still, I'd let him see inside my heart, Now he never will. "

Varian looks out of the barred window in the castle dungeons sadly dreaming about (_____). "Maybe if I gave her time, Maybe if I didn't go, Maybe things somehow would change, But now I guess we'll never know. " Varian wipes tears with his hand and sighs. "If I could take that moment back, If I could turn back time, I would! If we could make a brand new start, How I wish we could!" Varian stares out and hopes (____) is happy.

"Wish I could take it back
But now it's gone for good, Wish I had that moment back!" (_____) sings softly walking out of the corona walls with Rapunzel and the group. "I'm sorry Varian. " She sighs and continues on.
________________
Took me and jade 3 days to create this but we did it. Go and see her book Friend or Foe to see varians ending.