Chapter 7: A lot of thinking

Start from the beginning

❞What time is it?❞ She asked and fixed her silky robe.

❞Almost 1 p.m.❞

❞1 p.m.?!❞ She uttered.

She took a deep breath and itched the back of her head, my eyes wandering down her body. Why didn't she look insecure, exhausted and weak anymore?

❞I will go out and eat lunch with Harry in about an hour or so. Just wanted you to know.❞ I said, giving Catherine a quick glance.

She looked a little shocked. Licking her lips and inhaling she spoke,

❞Wow.❞ She said, ❞You never tell me where you're going. Good to know.❞

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catherine

My brain was relaxing while I read a classic romance-book. Reading was always relaxing for me, altough I rarely had time for it. I didn't even hear the vehicles driving through New York city, the police cars and angry chauffeurs shouting at each other, which I hear every day, every minute. I was in my own world, focusing on only the words typed on the pages of my book.

The moment I decided it was enough for today, even though it couldn't be enough, I put aside the book and closed my eyes, enjoying the calm sunday noon. My phone vibrated and I looked at it, just to see who it was. Lorenzo popped up in my head immediately and somehow, my heart wanted it to be him, while my mind told me to stop having such expectations.

And it was him. My finger automatically opened the message and I read what he typed.

I hope you're having a good day Catherine. I felt the need to tell you certain things, and to mention that I'm very thankful because you'll help my son altough I managed to hurt you. I'm waiting for my plane right now, ready to fly back to Philadelphia. Text or call me concerning Marco's appointment, whenever his appointment is, we'll be there. I know you need time and I understand, but it's hard keeping you out of my mind.

Always, Lorenzo

I felt good, pleased in some kind of way. And so, I read the message several times. Like a desperate school girl that just received a love letter from the hot bad boy. But this, this wasn't exactly a love letter. Lorenzo was just being honest, but still managed to wake up every single butterfly inside me.

This man..❞ I whispered to myself, lightly biting my bottom lip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was just another busy thursday. The sunrays shone right through the wide, perfect-polished windows in the clinic. I sat by the windows and put my coffee on the table. I wasn't really a coffee drinker, I didn't like coffee at all actually.

But today was the day I was going to meet Marco and Lorenzo after almost two weeks of just thinking about them. I didn't feel like eating or drinking anything, even though everyone around me was sitting with other colleagues and eating lunch. I even decided to skip my daily cup of tea today, thinking coffee would somehow help me.

I had so many questions concerning Marco. Where was his mother? Why did Marco ask if I was his mother? Is she even alive? But I needed to hush my own thoughts. And Lorenzo, oh Lorenzo. I missed him. I really did, and that thought was the hardest one to hush. He gave me time, and I needed it. I used it to think through everything. It was nothing left to think about, but I still wasn't sure. He has a child, and I.. I am married.