{ seventeen }

Spectrum flew in the sky, racing against their fastest wind dragon.

Drax.

Ryan whipped at her neck and she roared. She bolted and flew as fast as she could, the wind dragon was mere inches behind. Her wings started to get tired after doing this for 2 laps already.

She breathed heavily and slowly curled up her wings. Ryan yelled and tased her again, she whimpered and fell through the sky. She crashed into the ground, pain spiked at her body.

Her head and neck hurt like hell since she landed on them. She groaned in pain as the world became fuzzy and she could barely comprehend what was happening.

Ryan was yelling and hitting at her but she was too weak. Her eyelids drooped with exhaustion as her entire body was shaking. Ryan jumped off and looked at Spectrum.

He sighed and grumbled, he kicked at the ground and walked away in frustration. He mumbled furiously. Then another human came along, it was a man.

He walked up to Spectrum and put his hand against the rainbow dragon's snout. She closed her eyes as the man stroked her.

She sighed deeply as the man was yelling at Ryan. Then he turned back to smooth Spectrum. She was so tired and worn out that she passed out.

          ⚫️              ⚫️                ⚫️

Spectrum woke up in a pile of hay with warmth and a man was sitting next to her. Spectrum growled and moved back quickly, she couldn't trust anyone. The man whispered to her and held his hand out.

Spectrum whimpered as her body started shaking, she was so used to getting tased that it was weird to not feel any pain. She shuddered and breathed heavily as the man leaned in closer to her.

He shuffled towards her and put his hand on her shoulder. He said something softly and chuckled, he then hugged her gently. Spectrum flinched at first, then relaxed her muscles.

She sighed deeply and wrapped her neck around him. Spectrum purred in gratitude and the man hugged tighter. He petted Spectrum and stroked her whiskers.

Thank you...

Spectrum thought to herself as she sighed peacefully. Finally, at last, she could rest. The man got up suddenly and brought in another dragon. It was Blade.

"Hello... did you miss me?" He said menacingly. Spectrum gasped in surprise as the moon-nightshadow dragon lunged at her. He bit at her neck and Spectrum roared in pain.

"What the hell!" Spectrum screamed, "I thought you were supposed to be good!"

"Oh ho nonono not me." He whispered quickly and scratched her underbelly, tearing the skin.

Blood rushes out and drips down the rainbow dragon's legs. Spectrum breathed heavily and growled.

"NO! I had enough of this CRAP." Spectrum roared furiously as she forcefully shoved the moon dragon mix to the ground.

She hissed as saliva spurred out of her mouth. Blade smirked and blew fire at her face. Spectrum hastily moved away and pat her face with her wing; to stop the burning flames.

She groaned in pain and blinked to gain sight again. Blade pounced at her again and pinned her to the ground.

"Wow... you're strong but not strong enough." He said softly in Spectrum's ear as he chuckled deviously.

Blade dug his claws deep into her chest. She winced in pain and roared as she kicked from under him and blew ice at his face.

He shrieked in pain as frostbite grew on his snout. Spectrum smiled and hovered up in the sky.

"What are you doing here?" Her question echoed out of rage. Blade howled in pain as he ripped the ice off with his claws.

He sighed in relief, "Spectrum... just freaking cooperate with him okay? The more you struggle, the more pain and exhaustion you will have to go through." He scowled annoyingly.

Spectrum growled, "Are you kidding me? I'll NEVER be his dragon and besides my friends are coming back to save me!" Spectrum yelled.

Blade just scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Oh come on! Just face it." He paused as he glared eerily into her yellow-auburn eyes. "Your friends aren't gonna get you out of here anytime soon. They're just probably too busy being free."

"They're not like that!" Spectrum spat as Blade sighed.

"Whatever, that's what I thought when my friends left me in the middle of nowhere and I had to be all alone." Blade muttered sadly as the man pulled his rein.

Blade listened to the man and the man mounted onto him. He shot up into the sky and flew away as he disappeared into the clouds.

Spectrum landed back on the ground and snarled as Ryan walked up to her.

I hate you so goddamn much.

She thought to herself as she shook her head. She sighed heavily and bowed down to Ryan so that he could jump onto her.

Without any command, Spectrum dashed right into the clouds. Ryan was screaming out of shock. He held on tight to the reins and finally Spectrum slowed down.

She flew back to cave, he jumped off and let her go. The powerful rainbow dragon walked into the cave and saw her family. They cheered in happiness as Spectrum nuzzled them and at last she was happy.

Ryan pulled out two syringes and Tyler walked up from behind him. Spectrum gasped and growled as they walked closer to them.

Tyler stabbed Uncle Mushu as he screamed in pain. He spasmed and let out an ungodly, inhuman screech.

So did Aunt Jenna, Spectrum caught on and stopped Ryan from stabbing Emily. She snarled at him and picked him up from his shirt collar.

Spectrum slammed him against the ground back and forth. To the right and to the left, again and again. Ryan wailed in pain as his skull was throbbing with extreme amounts of pain and blood.

Parts of his head were slightly blunted open as blood poured down from his head to his shoulders. Emily abruptly screamed and tried to frantically tell her something.

She kept screaming and Spectrum wanted to know. She wanted to understand her. Anger raged through her body as hatred blinded her.

She held Ryan's head in her jaws, piercing at his skull. She was about to snap when she heard a familiar voice.

It was Ivy calling out to her.