{ one }

The sinister aura eluding from his anonymous face fueled the flames of tension in the atmosphere. Ember screamed and shouted, rattling the rusted iron bars out of frantic fear. The man chortled a burst of unsettling, eerie laughter that echoed off the dense dirt walls. There was only one dimly lit lantern above Ember, and she couldn't see whoever was hiding beneath their mask of darkness. She reached her hand towards the man, his touch sends chills clenching her veins. He abruptly leaned in, revealing only parts of himself he wanted to reveal.
"Soon, you'll be mine." He whispered softly, his warm breath brushing against her ears.

DAYS EARLIER....

The Turning starts. Her village does a ceremony every year, celebrating the child's first Turning.

It was a boy named James and he was so nervous to the point where he shook uncontrollably. The soothsayer began chanting the countdown of the time when James was born.

Five!
Foour!
Three!
Twooo!
OOOONE!

At the very last second, his bones started cracking as he screamed in pain. It was horrible to watch but what came after was incredible. Ember dropped her jaw in awe as he turned into this beautiful dragon that glowed in the sun.

He was a wind dragon. Everybody started calling his dragon Royal. The dragon roared cheerfully as it bolted up into the sky and flew away.

Ember chuckled and couldn't wait until her Turning and see what kind of dragon she has. A month goes by and she's standing in the same exact position James was in.

Ember breathed slowly and remembered all of the things that Aunt Jenna taught her. Her cousin-adoptive-sister, Emily, looked at her proudly and smiled. She giggled and that gave Ember a feeling of warmth and great comfort.

The village's leader raised his hands, which abruptly stopped the pounding of the drums. He announced Ember and congratulated her. Everyone cheered for her as the countdown started.

Five!
Fear sank in as her hair stood on end.
Four!
Panic rose within her, her heart pounding.
Three!
Cold sweat started to form all over her.
Two!
She suddenly felt queasy and warm.
One!
Pain surged throughout her entire body. Her bones started to crack.

"AGHHHHH!!" She screamed.

Every bone crack was a worse pain than the last. It became hard to breath within all of this pain. Ember could feel losing herself, and turning into something else.
A creature.
A dragon.

Ember breathed heavily as her skin torn apart into scales and horns grew out of her forehead. Her mouth and nose grew outwards into a snout. After an excruciating amount of pain, she turned into the rainbow dragon.
A mixture of all elemental dragons.

Earth

Wind

Fire

Water (Ice)

The spirited rainbow dragon roared proudly as she soared through the sky. All of the people down on the ground looked up in awe. Some were surprised, some were astonished, and some were afraid. Others stood and laughed loudly as they watched the rainbow dragon fly.

She has the body of an earth dragon, the face of a fire dragon and few spikes of an ice dragon. The wings of a wind dragon and the smooth scales of a water dragon. She mostly had the earth dragon so she was neither cold nor warm to the touch.

She blasted fire out into the sky, which was a rainbow of colors. It colored the sky for a few seconds until it disappeared into thin air. She was so happy and excited that she did all kinds of tricks and flips in the sky.