{ two }

Uncle Mushu got in front of her and hugged her. He sobbed into her shoulders. Her village was getting destroyed and there was nothing they could do about it.

Aunt Jenna yelled out to them, "We need to shift NOW!" They all nodded and started shifting.
Ember blacked out and Spectrum took over. Their split personalities sharing one body. Everyone except Ember has somewhat, a control through the dragon conscience.

Spectrum felt fear rising in her chest, the NightShadow dragon was following her. The rest of her family flew away and Spectrum tried to trail after them but something heavy and cold yanked her down.

Spectrum roared as the darkness consumed her. It was vines that tangled her and grew onto her neck. At one last roar, she spread out her wings and blew fire at the vines.

They burned off and she bolted out into the sky for freedom. She whooshed away, separating herself from her family and leaving her destroyed village.

She flew for miles and went into a snowy cold blizzard. She came across a mountain and saw a girl standing on a cliff.

Emily?

Spectrum thought to herself as she flew closer to her. She had black hair and she was all alone. Spectrum landed gracefully in front of her. From flying through all of that snow, she was very disoriented.

She slowly blinked and narrowed her eyes to see more clearly, the girl walked slowly, closer to Spectrum.
Panic held her on edge.
She was in an unfamiliar place, her village is gone and she's all alone.

Spectrum roared and looked around frantically. She whimpered and walked around. Her tail swayed as she turned from every corner. Spectrum looked back at the girl.

You seem okay...

then she walked closer to the girl, which made the girl back away. The girl reached out her hand. Spectrum felt that she could trust her. Something told her that the girl could help her. Something about the calm softness that emulated from the black-haired girl made Spectrum feel safer.

She put her head against the girl's hand. She closed her eyes and purred as the girl stroked her.

A snowflake landed on her nose. She sneezed it off and looked at the girl's green eyes. She grinned when bright idea dinged in her head. Spectrum bit the girl's hood and threw her onto her back. The girl yelled as the rainbow dragon took off into the sky.

She laughed as the rainbow dragon soared through the clouds. She hovered above the pink-tainted clouds from the set setting on the horizon. She gracefully spun around and dived down. The girl raised her hands as she touched the clouds. She bent down and clung onto Spectrum's ice-dragon spikes.

Suddenly she picked up a scent of another dragon.
An ice dragon.
Relief and joy surge through her entire body and she happily tracks down the dragon.

Sapphire!

Spectrum flew faster as she twisted and twirled around giant boulders to find a dragon flying beneath her. The dragon didn't look like Sapphire, it was navy blue and looked like a purebred ice dragon. No water, or sea colored scales.

Spectrum sighed sadly but realized the girl was excited on top of her. The girl was leaning towards the ice dragon. Spectrum smiled, they were friends.

The girl laughed gleefully and Spectrum grinned as she flipped upside down, which made the girl fall on top of the dragon. The girl screamed as she landed belly first. She rolled her eyes and scoffed at Spectrum while she was still flying upside down.

The ice dragon started bucking and fear stung at Spectrum's chest. She was afraid if the girl would fall. She was ready to catch her when the girl pulled on the ice dragon's thorns and the ice dragon turned left. He twisted his neck and wings to get the girl off his back.

Spectrum followed to make sure the girl was going to be okay. The girl noticed and stared at her, she napped her head to the sound of another human.

The human on top of the cliff was calling out to them.

It was a boy and the girl commanded the ice dragon to fly up on the cliff. The ice dragon ignored her and bucked and twisted. Spectrum growled and nudged his back.

The ice dragon grunted and flew back in place. Spectrum grinned as the girl yelled out to the boy. The boy gasped when his eyes locked onto Spectrum. He turned around and scrummaged into the bag that was clipped onto the saddle of the moon dragon.

The moon dragon had the same beautiful navy-blue colors as the ice dragon but she had feathers instead of scales and a white tip at the end of her tail.

The boy was digging into the bag and pulled out some rope. The ice dragon flew back to the cliff and to the new unfamiliar faces.

"Name's Vapor and that's my rider, Ivy." He groaned and settled onto the cliff.

"Spectrum." She replied and sat down next to Vapor.

The boy came closer to her and picked up her wing and scanned her body. Spectrum glanced at Ivy in confusion and felt uncomfortable, she walked away from the boy and sat next to the moon dragon.

The girl and the boy started talking to each other. Out of nowhere, Spectrum could suddenly understand them.

"She just showed up and helped me find Vapor." The girl said as she put a brown leather saddle on Vapor's back.

"That's weird." The boy responded as he walked over to Spectrum, "she probably wants our help." He added.

"Maybe." The girl grunted as she gestured for Vapor to lower his head. Then she slipped a black rope harness onto Vapor's head.

"I wonder why she showed up." The boy pondered. A small bird landed on Spectrum's tail and she started chasing it.

The girl laughed at her and abruptly the boy caught her neck with the rope. Then he wrapped it around Spectrum's head and snout.

Within seconds, the boy had Spectrum captured.

Ivy gasped, "Noah!" She ran over to him and Spectrum roared furiously. She pulled her head away from his hands and bolted straight up in the air.

Spectrum felt a force that yanked her back down as she crashed into the ground.