The Powerbank

A/N: This is gonna be based on Taehyung's POV. It's my first time to write in first person for this fic so have fun

"Excuse me but do you have a charger?"

This was what the stranger said to me as I was about to leave the store. To say I was surprised is an understatement. It was more along the lines of being confused and bewildered. I've never met the guy and he's asking for a charger? What if he was a robber pretending to be a cute (yes cute) helpless boy in a large white sweater and ripped jeans? What if he was a prostitute seeking for some pleasure? What if he was just someone who was dared to play a prank on me? The possibilities were endless.

But still what leaves my mouth is "Why?"

"Um... funny story but I'd rather not tell." The stranger changes from desperate to awkward in just a span of three seconds.

I lean on the wall to indicate that I'm ready and willing to listen. The other shuffles on his shoes. My head jerks once and I say to him "Shoot."

The hesitation on his face was visible before he started to speak. "My phone battery was only 31% and I didn't have time to charge it since I had to teach a dance class," the guy starts. He gulps. "Then my sneaky friend played with my phone without me noticing and when I looked it was already 10%. I had to use it for a project for a few minutes and when I checked it was already 3%." By now he started to look as if he was panicking. I push myself off the wall to be ready if he has an attack. Luckily he doesn't. He took a deep breath. "And I'm here to see if they have a charging station but it's broken!" he wailed. "And I have to contact my mom or she'll freak out and I've got this project that needs research..."

He was rambling by this point, clearly overstressing about his phone's life charge because he started to grab handfuls of his hair. By the look in his eyes I can tell he can't see me anymore, too lost in his own world. My brows knit since I realize I have to snap him out before he does something he'll regret.

My hands hold his arms and I try to talk over his loud thoughts. "Yah. Calm down man. Hey!"

I shake him violently and almost slap him when his eyes focus on me now. Oh thank the heavens.

"W- wh-"

"It's okay you don't have to panic so much and worry about it. You and your phone are gonna be fine."

His brows meet in a sort of adorable manner. He was shorter than me, with baby pink hair and full lips. He's got large eyes that seem to take everything in. His skin looked smooth and very taken care of. I just really don't know how to describe him. But I like his face. So innocent and pretty.

I shrug off my black backpack and make it hang on one shoulder as I rummage the zippers. My hand brushed what I was looking for and I took it out. I fixed my bag and slung it again on both shoulders. Then I hold out my powerbank to him.

"Here, my powerbank. I'm not sure if it'll help."

Wordlessly, he reaches into his backpocket for something I can't see, and then a cord is revealed. He tentatively reaches out for my powerbank as if it was a treasure, slowly plugs in his cord, and then connects his phone. We wait for a few moments before the screen lights up to show that it was charging alright.

Smiles envelop our faces as we stare at each other.

"Thanks so much," he gushes, practically glowing with that huge smile. It hurt my eyes a little because he was so bright. "How can I ever repay you?"

My smile drops as I remember I had to head to Yoongi's house. "Ohh man crap sorry but I just remembered that I had to go to a friend's house." I cover my mouth in horror.