Insecurities

"Hyung where'd you put my eyeliner?" calls the first maknae as he strolled around the dorm's halls, eyes darting left and right for the eldest.

He came across his Hobi-hyung, who was brushing his teeth roaming the dorm as well. They caught sight of each other and Hoseok grinned widely, removing his toothbrush.

"Hobi-hyung have you seen Jin-hyung? I'm looking for my eyeliner," Jimin explained, looking around the dorm again.

Hoseok hummed. "I thought I saw Jeongguk and Taehyung playing with it."

Jimin abruptly turned to him. "Where?" He put his three fingers in his mouth, showing alarm and worry, eyes wide.

The older laughed warmly at his reaction. "In Jeongguk's room."

Like a flash, Jimin was gone. Hoseok just shrugged and continued to brush his teeth, proceeding to the bathroom.

The singer burst open the bedroom door, making the two people jump and turn. Seeing their eyes lined heavily with eyeliner made Jimin jump and yelp in surprise, then laugh. The two younger ones stared at themselves and laughed as well.

"Jungkook and Taehyung what the heck are you doing?"

The youngest stared at his hyung and answered "It was Taehyung-hyung's idea Jimin-hyung," he replied, pointing to the second maknae, making him widen his eyes. "He wanted to see what it felt like having eyeliner so he... invited me and we tried it on," he finished.

Jimin saw Taehyung holding his eyeliner alright so he leaned down and snatched it from his loose grip. "Tae next time ask for my permission," he said exasperatedly.

"Sorry about that Jiminnie. It's just- I was so curious. You said eyeliner is your life but you can't put it on yourself. Why is that?" he asks curiously.

"I swear I've watched the noonas do it a million times but I really can't do it myself," Jimin admits sheepishly. "So I need someone to help me put it on."

The two youngest just smile cutely at the older one, making him smile back as well. He pet their heads fondly before leaving to put it back in his room. It was true that eyeliner was his life. He can't dance properly without it and he gets shy when he doesn't wear them. So it's like a must. A basic need.
~ ~ ~
The boys were practicing in their studio, having eaten up almost three hours of practice.

Their instructor gave them time to rest for ten minutes when the song ended and the members were panting and sweating.

Being one to give it his all, Jimin slumped on the floor, exhausted and dehydrated. He felt a comforting hand on his shoulder to find Seokjin. He was smiling at him, as if giving encouragement.

"Don't give up yet Jimin-ah," his hyung said, rubbing his back. "Just a few more okay?"

Jimin nodded. "Fighting!"

The eldest gave one last smile and walked off to handle Taehyung who was drenched in sweat and wheezing slightly, out of breath and looking dizzy.

After gulping his bottle down Jimin went to his leader who was sitting on the floor chatting with Yoongi. The two rappers turned.

Jimin gulped in a breath of air before plopping down beside Yoongi. "Joonie-hyung, I'm worried about my dance moves and my timing. It doesn't feel right." He frowned.

The rappers exchanged looks and Yoongi said "What are you talking about Jimin? It's fine, perfect even. You dance and practice a lot more even if you combine all our practice hours. You're doing a great job." He clapped his shoulder.

Namjoon nodded. "Yoongi-hyung's right Jimin you're doing great. Just keep up the good work." He smiled.

The younger smiled back, comforted by his hyungs' words. "Thanks a lot." He stood to play around with Hoseok and Jungkook.