Chapter 19

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                        Lisa

The next morning I slowly get out of bed, not waking Lucious. I head into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I walk over to the sink, looking into the mirror, running my hand through my hair as I take in a deep breath and slowly release it, trying to calm this strange feeling within me.

This restless on edge feeling that I've been feeling for weeks now seems to only be growing stronger. I barely got any sleep last night. Throughout the night I would get this sudden rush that would cause my heart to start to race. My body would suddenly get hot and the beast within would constantly pushing forward to be let out.

It's hard to explain the feeling, but I feel this overwhelming feeling inside.

I frown as I pull my lip back, looking at my slightly elongated fangs. My frown deepens, wondering if something is wrong. Am I sick or something? I look at myself in the mirror. I slightly shake my head. No, I can't be sick. I haven't experienced sickness since I shifted and my body became immune to any virus.

I stare at myself in the mirror, not knowing why I'm feeling this way.

I'm sure it's nothing. I'm sure this will go away, I tell myself, taking in another breath, slowly releasing it.

I walk over to the shower, turning on the cold water, then strip down, stepping inside.

I let out a sigh of relief, feeling the cold water hit my hot skin, cooling my body. I close my eyes as I look up, letting the cold water falls into my face. Giving me something else to focus on, the cold water helps to calm the beast within.

I take in a breath and exhale as this overwhelming feeling slowly starts to fade.

I stand here underneath the showerhead, letting the cold water run over my body. I never imagined a cold shower feeling so great.

Feeling a bit better, I turn the shower off and step out the shower, drying off.

Wrapping the towel around me, I leave out the bathroom, seeing Lucious is now awake, getting out of bed.

"Goodmorning," I say, going over to the dresser, grabbing a pair of underwear.

I look over at him as I close the drawer, watching the way he just stands there staring at me the way he does sometimes. I've grown used to the way he watches me. Sometimes I find myself watching him and by the time I realize I'm staring, it's too late and we're looking into each other eyes.

I take my underwear and head into the closet to find clothes to put on.

As I get dressed, I hear the room door open and close, letting me know that Lucious has left the room.

Once I get dressed, I leave the closet, going over to the mirror where my hair supplies are. I let out a sigh as I begin to brush my wet hair together.

I pin my hair up in a bun, before leaving the room.

Heading down the stairs, I see Tilda at the bottom of the stairs, coming up. She's not here much now. I guess she didn't want to be here with me, so she's been staying at the packhouse, which I don't mind. That saves me from an argument every time we see each other around the house. The only time she's ever here now is to see their mother.

She glares at me, coming up the stairs. I ignore it, letting out a sigh as I go down the stairs. I'm really not in the mood for her and whatever altercation she's looking to start today.

As she passes me, she purposely leans over, bumping her shoulder into me. "Watch where you're going." She stops, glaring at me like she's not the one who just bumped into me.