Chapter 16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

                                 Lucious

After the pack dinner, I leave the dining hall with Lisa, heading back to the house. As we walk, I look over at her as she let out a yarn, looking a bit tired from the day.

My thoughts go back to the pack dinner. It's not easy for me to just stand there and watch the way the pack disrespects her, but I have to. I have to let her take her respect as Luna of the pack. She should have just as much respect from the pack as I do. I can't take the respect for her, she has to do it herself. She has to show them all why she must be respected. They don't have to like her and she doesn't have to be their friend, but as Luna, they must respect her.

I watch as she slides her hands into the pockets of her jacket as a cool breeze of the night blow into us, causing the loose strings of her hair to dance across her face.

She looks over at me as she reaches up, brushing the strings of hair away. Our eyes lock for a second, before she looks away, up in the sky when she hears the low crackling sound of thunder.

"Looks like a storm is coming." Her eyes scan over the sky.

I follow her gaze up at the dark night sky, watching the small streaks of lightning streak across the sky from behind the dark rain clouds. "We'll be home soon," I tell her as it starts to lightly rain.

She takes off her jacket, holding it over her head shielding herself from the rain as it starts to pick up a bit. She looks over at me, getting wet from the rain.

"Here, you're tall enough to cover us both." She hands me her jacket.

She moves closer to me, wrapping one of her arms around my waist, pressing the side of her body against mines as I lift the jacket over my head, shielding us both from the rain. I continue to walk with her hugged up against the side of me. This calmness washes over me, smothering this anger that has rooted its self inside of me. This chill makes it's way down my spine from the closeness of our bodies, stirring the beast within. I glance down at her, wondering if I also affect her this way.

I take in a slow breath, trying to calm this strong want for more than just the simple touch of her body pressed up against mines.

Once we get to the house, she keeps herself pressed against me longer than necessary. Once she does release me, I start to instantly miss the feeling of her body being pressed up against mines.

She let out another yarn, taking her wet shoes off at the front door. "Are you coming to bed?" She asks, looking over at me.

I am drained after spending most of the day finishing up with the pack's paperwork with Lisa's help. I guess I could use some sleep. "After I check on my mother," I tell her, hanging her wet jacket up to dry.

Making my way up the stairs, I head into the room mother is in, going over to the bed. Looking down at her, I see that she's asleep. I watch her, hoping she'll open her eyes and say something to me, but she doesn't.

My jaws clench as I watch her. She has to get better. She has to come back to Tilda and me.

I turn the bedside lamp on, to leave some light in the room for her, before leaving the room.

Walking into my room, I see Lisa standing in front of the mirror drying her hair with a towel. She looks at me through the mirror, not turning towards me.

Closing the door behind me, I see that she's now wearing one of my shirts. My eyes move down to her bare legs as she walks over to the bed, pulling the covers back, getting onto the bed.