The casket was laid to rest in the ground near my father's parents. We gathered around, my brother standing at the head of the casket. I could see he was trying his best to not break down in front of the pack. Even though our father just died, he was the Alpha and had to be professional. After the short funeral, I knew he would break down in my arms when everyone else was gone.

"My father was an amazing Alpha, it's a lot of pressure to take over after him. He kept us safe from the rogues and ran this pack the best he could. I will try my best to carry on his legacy. As a father, though, he cared for us but he let some of us down. We all have a lot of regrets right now, but we cannot change the past and instead we have to move forward." My brother said, his voice shaking a little. It was clear he didn't plan the speech out, but he said as much as he could. It was short, but there was nothing more to say about our father. There was a time where he would of rambled on about how amazing he was, including as a father, but that changed because of me. I messed up our family and pack because of who my mate was. None of this would have happened if I rejected Brute, but would that of been better? I would of been depressed and alone for the rest of my life. Brute made me happy, regardless of him being a monster, and I wouldn't change that for the world.

"I really messed up your relationship with your family, didn't I?" Brute asked, muttering into my ear. I smiled slightly as I turned to him, resting a hand against his cheek. The pack around us headed back towards their houses, leaving my father's family behind.

"It's okay, I'm just happy I'm with you." I reassured him. He lightly pressed his lips against mine before quickly pulling away.

"Allison, will you please leave us alone?" My mother spoke up. My head shot up to look at her, but she was avoiding my gaze. Tears started to form in my eyes and my eyes traveled to Lucas. He shook his head, telling me not to leave.

"No, Ally is staying here. She just lost her father also." He reminded our mother. That caused my mother's head to shoot up, her eyes blazing with rage.

"She is not my daughter! My daughter died when the rogues took her!" She screamed. My eyes widened and I took a step back, feeling like it was a slap in my face. She was right though; I wasn't the same person I was before the rogues took me. I had changed completely and apparently that cost me my own parents.

*******************************************

Brute and I basically spent the rest of the day locked up in my room. Lucas had yet to come visit me, but I had a feeling he was arguing with my mother. Not only that, he was probably swamped with pack stuff and he had to choose a new Beta. Once an Alpha dies or retires, the new Alpha had to choose a new Beta. This was because the Beta had to be someone the Alpha completely trusted and the former Beta belonged to the former Alpha. I didn't know who Lucas would choose since Tobin was no longer part of the pack. Everyone knew Tobin would be future Beta, but that changed when he tried to kill me. Because of that, Lucas was stuck running around trying to find the perfect person for it.

"Your room is cute." Brute commented. I had finally calmed down and was starting to feel better, especially with Brute by my side. There was no point in dwelling over the fact my parents disowned me and my dad had died. Yes, I was still upset, but I had Brute by my side. With him by my side, I could do anything.

"Yeah." I smiled at him. He smiled back and grabbed my arm, pulling me into his arms. I closed my eyes as I let him run his hands over my back. Moments like that was why I loved him. I didn't love him because he was a monster, especially since that was no longer him. I loved him because he was my soulmate and he cared for me.

He pulled slightly back and lightly kissed me. I melted in his embrace, but he pulled back fully away from me. I rolled my eyes at him as he made his way to my bed. He slid his back onto it and moved his arm to cover his eyes. He looked amazing like that, but a light knock on the door stopped me from joining him on the bed. I opened the door to reveal Lucas on the other side. His eyes were red and they glistened with tears. He had gotten rid of his suit jacket and his white shirt was wrinkled. Within a second he was in my embrace and I was in his. He shook slightly from sobbing, but I let him. I got all my tears out and it was my turn to be a helping shoulder. My shoulder was soaked by the time he was able to compose himself. I glanced over my shoulder once he pulled away to see that Brute was on my balcony, trying to give us some privacy.

"He hated kicking you out of the pack." Lucas muttered. My body stiffened up when I realized exactly what he said. I shook my head as I took a step back. Flash backs of my father kicking me out of the pack came to my mind. He stood there in all his Alpha's glory, his best fighters standing right behind him. Hunger shone in their eyes as they gazed at my mate and me. We had just killed two of their own, it was personal for them.

"He hated me." I said, trying to reassure myself. I was okay because I knew my dad hated me. I was okay because I thought I made the right call on leaving.

"You and Brute are alive right now." He pointed out. My father and his pack stood there before us. We were on unmarked territory, they could have easily crossed over and fought us. They kept us for days in that cell without making a move. Brute was at his weakest; they could have easily killed us if they wanted to. Lucas was right, our father didn't hate me.

"I think you need to leave." A voice spoke up. Brute stepped back inside the room, a dark glint in his eyes. He was quick to move to my side, wrapping an arm around me.

"Brute, we need to talk." Lucas told my mate. Brute froze, a low growl vibrating in his chest. He started to push me behind him, but I stopped him. He felt as if Lucas was threatening him, but Lucas was still my brother. He got us out of the cell and was there for us since day one. Lucas wouldn't hurt either of us, and I knew that for a fact.

"Let him talk." I suggested, laying a hand on my mate's arm. He glanced down at me and gave me a small nod, but he didn't relax. He turned his attention back to Lucas, who looked like he was debating with himself.

"I want you to be my Beta." He admitted. I swear everything froze and silence washed over the room. That was, of course, until Brute started laughing.

"Me be your Beta? Do you know how powerful I am?" Brute questioned, quickly sobering up. As if to prove himself, his scent and power filled up the whole room, over powering both Lucas and me.

"Brute..." I whispered. His eyes snapped to mine, causing them to soften. Within a second his scent and power were completely masked. With everything he had just done, he was right. Brute was the most powerful werewolf in the world, it didn't make any sense for him to be a Beta. On the other hand, this was my brother asking. Not only would I get to live at home again, Brute and I would be accepted into the pack. Then again I didn't think the whole accepting thing would work in our favor. Brute used to be the Alpha of Rogues, after all. He was still a monster in their eyes and I wasn't sure that would ever change.

"I understand that, that's why you'll have more of a say than any other Beta I know. This pack could be as strong as Gage Preston's pack, if not stronger, with you as my Beta, but you'll be more of my equal." My brother explained. Brute gave him a cautious look and I could tell he was assessing him and his offer. I knew my mate was thinking that there was something else to the offer. I knew there wasn't and I actually liked the offer. Sure I liked California, but this was my home. I also had a feeling that Brute would actually like the position if he took it.

"We'll think about it." I reassured Lucas. He gave me a short nod before walking out of the room, shutting the door behind him. Brute stepped away from me and headed towards the balcony. I gave him a few minutes of privacy before joining him. Some of the pack wolves were training below, but it wasn't the full trainees because of the funeral. I even saw Brian down there and I knew he was taking out his emotions on what he did. My father took Brian under his wing at one point to train him to be the trainer he was. He was good at what he did, he loved protecting the pack. That was probably why he kept glancing up at Brute, along with most of the other pack members that were training. Even from the balcony I could tell the distrust in their eyes. Brute killed innocent lives, including in their pack so I couldn't blame them.

"They'll never accept me into the pack." Brute muttered, his eyes watching Brian train.

"They just don't know you yet." I reminded him. Brute was no longer the monster he used to be, they just had to see that and I was going to make sure they did. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!