Step Eleven

Step Eleven

To say people were pissed off the next day after the ball was an understatement. Lucas and Tobin were both basically yelling at me through my door while I tried to drown them out. I had no clue where Chloe was, but all her stuff was gone and I had a feeling she moved in with Tobin. Everyone hated me at the moment, but I probably hated myself more than they did.

"Open this door!" Lucas yelled once again, his fist pounding against the door.

"Not if you're just going to yell at me more!" I yelled back, but my voice broke a little. Dried tears covered my cheeks and a headache was starting to form because of how much I had cried. Everything was a giant mess and it didn't help that my wolf was whining for her mate. The ache in my chest was gone, but I didn't know if that was for the better.

"Ally, please let us in." Lucas begged through the door, desperation now lacing his voice. I realized that the banging had stopped along with the yelling. Lucas's voice caused guilt to climb up my throat so I crawled out of bed and unlocked the door before opening it. The moment the door was open, strong arms wrapped me in their embrace. I let out a sigh and relaxed in my brother's arms, letting my eyes close.

"Who's your mate?" Tobin's voice asked, venom lacing his tone. I flinched at his hate for me, causing Lucas to tightened his embrace. I didn't dare step away from my brother and instead stayed where I was, keeping my eyes squeezed shut.

"Tobin, you're not helping her." Lucas snapped. Tobin let out a growl but didn't back down. I finally let my eyes open to see Tobin was standing in the doorway, his body slightly shaking with rage.

"Her mate is dangerous; I have no doubt about that." He said, his eyes flicking to glare at my face. Dread filled my body, knowing they were getting closer to finding out who my mate really was. There was no way in hell that I could let them find out my mate was the Alpha of Rogues. Not only would they try to kill Brute and end up getting themselves killed, they would hate me for the rest of their lives. I would probably get kicked out of the pack if everyone found out, if they didn't kill me. I couldn't blame them, my mate brought pain and destruction to innocent packs. He was a monster and didn't deserve a happy ending. Except, I didn't really believe that because I wanted my happy ending with him. It was horrible of me, but I couldn't control my feelings for my own mate.

"This is none of your business, Tobin." I finally spoke up. Instant guilt went through me, but I didn't change my stance. I couldn't let them find out who Brute really was.

"To hell it isn't!" He roared, his eyes turning a dangerous shade of black.

"Get the fuck out of here, Tobin." Lucas commanded, using his Alpha command. Tobin had no choice but to listen to him, but he still slammed the door shut as he left. I flinched at the sound while tears filled my eyes. Tobin really did hate me.

"He hates me." I whispered, the tears finally spilling down my cheeks.

"He's just scared." Lucas tried to reassure me, but it didn't work. Tobin had every right to be scared because my mate was the reason why Chloe's family was dead. My mate allowed his wolves to murder innocent families as a twisted revenge. I felt even worse because I understood where he was coming from, but that didn't make what he was doing right.

"My mate isn't a good person." I admitted, but that was the most I would admit to him at that moment.

"It's okay, it'll be okay." He shushed me. After that I let myself cry into his chest, no doubt completely soaking his shirt. At one point he moved me so we ended up in my bed while I still cried. We stayed like that until I couldn't cry no more and even then we cuddled and watched 50 First Dates. Because of how much I cried, I was exhausted with a pounding headache and no emotions. Everything that happened ran through my head and finally something just snapped. I knew what I had to do.