Sieg XVII : The Bet

Mom stood there, couldn't contain her emotions when she saw me. I was crying as I welcomed her with a hug. My brothers, all four of them, smiled teary eyed when they saw me. I hugged Mom tighter, whispering words to her ears. I exchanged hugs with my brothers too. They're looking straight at Harry, they must be really angry at him.

"I'm sorry.." Harry whispered, sounding so guilty. I'm not sure to whom he is addressing his apology.

"No one wanted this to happen. You don't have to apologize." Mom answered him, but she looked disappointed though. She must be really blaming Harry, after Harry promised her to take him safely, it ended not very well.

"I'm still sorry." Harry said, almost bowing his head down in apology.

"Harry!!" I heard a very familiar voice, the voice I knew I'll never get over -- Harry's Mom.

Before I could turn to look at Harry's direction where his Mom's voice came from, Mom snatched my hand and whispered, "Let's go." Even my brothers didn't hesitated and walked out.

"Oh, look who's here." His mom's voice echoed. Mom stopped, but didn't turn back. Mom just stood there, holding me tighter, I could see her free hand clenched to a ball.

"Mom--" I said, but she held me tighter and continued walking. I had a second to turn back. But I immediately regret it. My heart sank the moment I met his Mom's eyes. Something occured, one thing I'm sure of, I'll never get over my fear whenever I see his Mom. I don't why and how she gives me creeps, she just do.

I immediately turn my back to her and followed Mom and my brothers out of the place. We arrived home a little bit late. I didn't talk more about the island and just slammed my body on my bed, missing it.

But as the sheet swallow back my body, I remembered the leaves, I could still smell the sand, and as I close my eyes I could see Harry, smiling, jumping around the rain. And it made my lips curved to a smile.

Then darkness started swallowing me back to the dream I always dream of. It seems clearer and clearer every night. I could hear each words clear, echoing in my ears. I could see Dad, Harry, and tonight, I'm sure I'm not mistaken to have heard Harry's Mom voice. And she said the same thing Harry said last night.

"Do I remind you of something?" But this time, she addresses it to herself.

And I woke up screaming. I scanned the room, afraid to find that I'm on the island. But I'm already on my room, I'm no longer lost.

"Does it get scarier every night?" This night, Lou's the one scheduled to stay by my side. He said it softly, but he looked surprised putting a chain of, I think, bracelet to his pocket.

"It scared me to death that I don't want to sleep anymore." I answered honestly.

He stood from the couch and strided to the end of my bed. "So, what do you want to do?" He said smiling.

"We're not going to play soccer here." I immediately.

"Aww snap!" He said looking disappointed. "Mom won't hear I swear!" He said.

"You sound like a child Lou." I said, chuckling under my breath, I put the sheets closer to me.

"Tell me what you want to do then" He said, slamming his back on my bed, closing his eyes.

"Tell me a bed time story like you used to." This time, I'm the one sounding like a child.

He smirked, looking at the ceiling. "Do you like love stories?" He asked.

I nodded. "Hmm hmm. Is it a happily ever after?" I asked.

To my surprise, he shook his head. And he started, "One day..." He smiled, liking this. Then it vanished the moment he continued. "There's this prince that likes a princess so much. He likes her so much that he will do anything for her." We felt each other's breath as I waited for him to continue.