Sieg XI : Unusual Dream

Good thing that the group study haven't been finished when I arrived home. Mom asked me where are my brothers and I just said that I had to leave earlier before them because I think I caught a cold.

"A cold?! Are you alright, sweetheart?!" Mom asked in panic.

"Mom, it's just a cold. I'll sleep and everything will be fine again." I said calming her down. "I don't think I'll eat dinner, I'm still full." I said. And as I motioned to leave the living room...

"Sweetheart." Mom started, I turned to her. "Uh.. I.. Can I ask a question?" She asked.

I looked at her puzzled. "A question. A single question won't hurt." I said sighing, I'm so tired to even speak.

She slowly took her hand away from me as she was about to reach for me. Then she forced a smile, "I'll just ask it to your brothers. I believe you need rest. Ask for anything and I'll be there."

I smiled back, "just a glass of water will do." I said, "Let the maids do it. You look pale and exhausted Mom, you shouldn't worry so much." I assured her.

At first she looked at me in dismay, but she just smiled and nodded. "You rest first, sweety."

I entered my room, put my bag on the couch and slammed face-first on the bed. I was so exhausted that taking my shoes off is tiring. So I just lie there, I heard the door cracked open. The maid must be here to give me the glass of water but then I find myself drifting to sleep. And I wasn't able to look back on who entered my room.

It has been almost a month since I last had a dream. My dreams consist of different weird things, like I was eating my own pillow, I was crying out loud so loud I woke up the whole city, or in a garden where I was dating a person who is completely unfamiliar to me and a dream where I studied in a different high school. But I wasn't sure that I ever dreamed of something this real. And it actually is connected to me. I wasn't even sure if this is reality or really a dream.

I was standing in the living room, I didn't know why and how exactly I got here. The last time I know is I was sleeping. And then kaboom, I was here. There's no sound except the ticking of the clock. I scanned the room, but any hint of my brothers were invisible. Then I heard something cracked. It was my Mom, walking from the kitchen, she wiped her hands on the apron smiling.

I smiled at the fact that atleast Mom was here. I was about to reach for her when the phone rang. She looked startled as I was. Then she answered the phone. I slowly walked next to her.

"Who's calling Mom?" The thing that I always ask whenever Mom is on the phone. And it happens rarely. But she didn't even turn to answer, she talked to the phone like I wasn't there.

Then her blissful face turned pale. It's like something's draining away the colors of her face. And the beautiful curved of her lips straighten. The person on the other line kept asking if she was still there. But Mom was stoned on the ground, her lips are sealed to speak and as I feared, tears started rolling down her cheeks.

As much as I wanted to ask what the other line has said. As much as I wanted to reach for her, I just find myself stoned to the ground too. And I still wasn't sure the reason why, but tears started rolling down my cheeks.

"Noooo!" I shouted the moment I knew that my Mom would collapse. But my feet are getting heavy, and I wasn't able to catch Mom. But before she hits the ground, she shattered into pieces. Like a glass. And slowly, everything in the room shattered too. And all I see was black.

I wasn't sure where I am but I knew this will never happen. That this never happened. Then a black long car appeared, parked in front of me. I've never seen this car before, but deep inside, it looks familiar. Then the window started rolling down. I immediatey stepped back in surprise.