Bonus _ 1 _4

Finally, a few meters away from the wedding grounds.

Holding the box of the most special wedding cupcakes in one hand and a perfectly starched red dress and velvet high-heels in the other, I ran as fast as my feet could take me. My casual clothing and curly hair were humid with sweat, thus clinging to my body. It rolled down my skin in thick, salty beads. I could feel my heart throbbing inside my chest. My skin felt like it was roasting. "It's almost time-- but I'm almost there! Gladly the bride can be a bit late in the ceremonial walk!" As I went downtown towards the church where the ceremony was taking place, I couldn't help but stop by my and Naomi's favorite coffee shop, the Pink Lady Cafe, after stumbling on a sign announcing a book signing. I tried to peek inside but the window was too thick and dark to let me see-through. I sighed in frustration. "Ugh-- Now, because of my insatiable curiosity, I have to take a minute and see who's the mysterious author since this stupid sigh doesn't say much!" I tried to balance everything in my arms while I tried to open the coffee door with my bum. It was a small, home-styled cafe with a lot of pink walls and decorations. And when I say a lot of 'pink', I mean a lot of 'pink'.

The cafe was indeed crowded with people wanting and waiting in line to get an autograph from the author, but I immediately caught K's attention, the owner of the cafe, as soon as I set foot inside. "Sarah!" K energetically greeted me.

"K-K!" She looked stunning, as always; the silk dress she wore was a dark berry purple color, with a delicate heart-shaped cleavage and a long V-cut all the way to her lower back. The sleeves hung freely below her shoulders and the bottom of the dress pooled near her ankles.

"What are you doing here?! Shouldn't you be at the ceremony like... ages ago?? I bet Naomi is freaking out right now! You're her godmother, you should be the first one to arrive." K gently scolded seeking to understand why I was still roaming around when my best friend was about to get married.

"Y-Yeah... I had to take care of a few things first." and showed her what was inside the pastebox. "She'll forgive me once she has a bite of one of these!" I said confidently.

"I hope you're right, Sarah. This is kind of huge!" K closed her emerald-like eyes, crossed her arms under her semi-exposed bosom, and shook slowly her head. "You're hopeless."

"I know, I know... I was on my way when I saw that sign... you know how much I love books... but I could say the same about you, K!" I noted; hoping it didn't backfire at me. "Who's the author?" I asked deeply curious.

"Damien Scott" She replied.

"Who?" I frowned and bit my lower lip a bit ashamed for not recognizing the name.

"Don't you know? He's the newest best seller!" She clapped her hands, excitement, and a hint of proudness sparkling in her eyes.

"I... don't know who he is... what does he write about?" I asked; I genuinely didn't know him. Never heard of him.

"Child's Book." She answered my question first. "You don't know him? Oh, really~? Then, come, I'll introduce you! Here, grab a book!" Leaving me no room for protests, she grabbed me by the wrist and literally dragged me over to the signing table and right at the beginning of the queue. How could she move so fast having herself enwrapped in that tight dress?!

As we both got near him, K whispered something in his ear, I ended up staring in awe and stumble in my own words. "Er-r... I-I ... 'M-M...Y-You... sign... b-book, could?" He was 5'10 tall, had ginger hair and the most uncanny and beautiful eye color, bluish with violet rays spread all across his iris. He was wearing a dark red shirt with a tan jacket over it, some white jeans, and a red high-top chucks.