Chapter 22: Strong words

Diana and King Ra-kael, Throne Room.

«There was a time when a princess was a humble person, one who knows she has been given the honor of service, the duty to bestow a great example of love and caring. That time was the past. That time is the future to come...»

"Father, please let me see that book of ours! I promise it's the last thing I will ask of you--!"

"I've already said no. And 'no' will be my final answer." The King said, and the King's word was law.

"But father--!" Diana tried to fight back, but King Ra-kael held up his hand.

"No 'but's' Ezaeur, I've already decided."

Diana took a step forward, "I understand why you would think this is a bad idea but, this is the only way she has to go home... with him!"

"I know it sounds like there's no other way out--"

"Father! You are not listening to me! That book is the only one that contains the counter-spell for the one that was performed by the Demon Lord's henchmen!"

«...Royalty means rich in love, glittering yet always humble to the core. A kingdom begins in the heart and is honestly won, royalty wins with truth, hard work, and perseverance...»

"What it is done, can't ever be undone." Muttered the King.

"Father! You can't be serious about this! You promise to help! Don't tell me you now started to back away with your words?!" Diana tried to appeal to the king's royal honor.

«... So though the title "princess" might have taken different meanings throughout time, know that it simply means a girl with a pure heart and soul. That's what she was. That's what that world needed.»

"A king never goes back with his word. I promised my assistance, so help me Satan if that's not what I am going to do!"

"Then, let me see it!" Diana insisted.

"No." The King stood his grounds.

"Why, father? What are you so afraid of?! Have you totally lost your courage? You have been for so long behind that armor that you forgot how to stand up for and protect your subjects?!" Diana yelled. Words flew out of her mouth that she never thought she would even think let alone say out loud. She knew instantly from the look in her father's eyes that they'd hit their mark.

"Because--" The King raised up from his seat, his strings being pulled beyond the acceptable limit. "--There is an enormous price to whom perform that spell! I'm only trying to protect my daughter!"

"I don't need protection! I'm a full-grown succubus! I know how to handle myself, father."

The King stepped out of the podium and walked towards Diana. He cupped her hands in between his and took them to his chest. "You are my most precious treasure. I can't afford to lose you."

Diana slipped off her hands from between her father's and cupped his hands instead, thus taking them to her lips. "You won't. It's a promise."

The King smile upon seeing his so-mature daughter. "I'm so proud of you my sweet Ezaeur. Even in the face of danger, you do not retreat. All this to help a single human."

Diana chuckled. "Not just a 'single human'. A friend."

The King caringly traced Diana's cheekbone with his thumb, making her sink into the warmth of his hand. "Only a true, rightful Queen would do such a thing." The king praised her. "You have my blessing. You can see that book--"

"Oh~ thank you, father! Thank you so much!" Diana jolted up joyfully and hugged her father for he had understood her motives. "I won't let you down, dear father!"

"Just promise you will be careful and return to your mother and me, safe and sound. It's the only thing I ask for." The King said in a voice that was barely audible."I won't be the one stopping you however, you should watch out for Saero."

"We don't need to be worrying about him. I know he will follow me anywhere. He's loyal to that point." Diana assured his father.

They departed ceasing the father-daughter moment. "I'm glad we had this conversation." The King said with his soft lips stretched into a smile that didn't quite reach his dark eyes. They were lit with sadness, and the forced expression on his mouth showed how he didn't want her to do it but, still, he stood by his daughter's decision."Then let's--"

"My King, my princess!" A brute demon was running towards them.

"What is Captain Maymar?! Are we under attack?!" The King shouted as he pulled his daughter closer to him, covering her under his cloak.

A man in platinum armor with a gold cape stuck around his neck was approaching. As he got close enough, he stopped and leaned forward, supporting his hands on his knees. He had his eyes closed as he was breathing in and out roughly, trying to catch his breath.

"What is it, man?! Spill it out already!" The King commanded.

Still, short of breath, the Captain managed to say. "Princess Ezaeur, your human guest might be at death's door. Please come quickly!"

**

Nightmares - Seduce Me Otome's Ficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें