Chapter 13: Die Trying

20:15 PM, Sarah Anderson and the Incubi brothers, Dining Area.

Dinner was... how to put it... Awkward... to say the least.

Due to our 'little' delay, both Erik and I ended up on opposite sides of the table. We sat and, low-headed (at least me, I hated being late to anything), we started eating our food; they were already at the second plate, , almost reaching desert.

While Mathew and Sam chitted-chatted energetically, competing with each other like, 'who managed to put more food in their mouth', and James' eye twitching in irritation, holding back so hard a reprimand (good self-control indeed), Damien remained silent observing both me and Erik. I was so uncomfortable with his intent gaze that I remained glazed on my plate, 'having fun' separating the peas from the rice and spreading them all the way to the plate's border. He must know what we were doing, what else could we be doing? Playing chest? I couldn't stop thinking about earlier, playing in my mind over and over, despite my efforts to avoid Damien's mind-reading. I knew that he knew, and God knows what he was thinking. Ugh! I feel so embarrassed! He must think I'm some kind of depraved woman! I thought, wanting a hole to open up on the floor. How am I ever gonna look at Damien in the eye now!? I freaked out and a poor pea paid the price. Then it hit me. Did he...? I puffed my cheeks, slapping them slightly in a vail attempt to send away that thought. Oh God...! Did he heard... did he heard me... h-he... us-us... moaning? A sudden rosiness colored my face.

"Everything okay, miss? It seems your mind is far away from this table." As James addressed me, silence fell upon our table.

I looked away from the fork and the poor murdered pea in the middle of the plate; all of them were staring at me with mixed expressions written all over their faces. James was eyeing me with a worried expression, both Sam and Mathem were looking at me confused, faces stuffed almost like balloon fishes, Damien had a serious, blank expression, and Erik, who had just put a spoon in his mouth with a yummy-looking piece of the cheesecake, was looking at everybody totally lost in what was happening.

"It can't be good, look at the 'murdered' pea on the plate!" Sam pointed out, with his mouth still full of food, in a mocking tone.

Mathew grabbed his stomach and just laughed out loud at his brother's statement; I could almost see his food jumping off his mouth. He really tried to stop to catch a breath. Mathew leaned over the table and took a few breaths. "Oh-my-gosssh!" Was all he said.

Awkwardly, I dropped gently my fork and moved my hands slowly to under the table. I grabbed the hem of my skirt, "It was an accident..." and whispered, more to myself than to them. But, who was I kidding, that poor pea suffered greatly at my hands.

"Really you two?! You are both acting like pigs! " James scoled them. "And don't talk with your mouths full, it's rude."

Mathew, ashamed, swallowed his food hard and lowered his head. "S-Sorry..."

Sam did as well but said. "Speak for yourself. I'm not."

James took two fingers to the bridge of his nose and rubbed it quite roughly. He sighed in exasperation. "Well, moving forward..." Then, he averted his gaze back at me. "Miss?"

"Y-Yes?" I raised my head.

"You didn't eat, at all. Are you not hungry? Are you feeling unwell? Is there anything you don't like? I can make you something else if you like." James was seriously pushing the issue.

I shook my head in reply before saying whatever more. "No! No! I'm hungry! Really! I'm just... I was just... nevermind... it's nothing..." And lowered my head once again, reminded what happened inside of Erik's room and who probably knew what we're doing was the devil's tango. A hot red blush took over my face.