Chapter 8: Lucky

4:50 AM, Sarah Anderson and Erik, Balcony.

"Princess?" Erik cautiously approached.

My heart froze and I felt my body tense up at the sound of Erik's voice beside me. My heated cheeks reminded me of the tears I had shed in the dream and the person who had caused them.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked, crouching at my side and then, placing a hand on my shoulder to get my attention.

His touch brought me back to reality. I jolt up in pure startle and looked over my shoulder, landing my gaze first on his hand and then him; he was already quite tall and enlightened by the moonlight just made him even taller. "Erik!" I muttered with tears in my eyes.

"Sar--!"

I didn't even let him finish my name, I threw my arms around him and hugged his body to me tightly, laying my head on his chest. Bare skin to bare skin, I allowed the feeling of him sunk in into me. The world around us stopped-- literally. There was no time, no wind, no rain. My mind was at peace.

Erik accepted the hug and stumbled back with the sudden motion, startled to silence. He didn't say a word, also didn't move. He stayed in my arms, just comforting me; pity patting my head softly.

My troubled heart finally began to settle, "Sometimes I look at you and wonder how I got to be so damn lucky." I whispered in his ear and gently broke the embrace, stepping away, giving Erik some space. He looked at me so longingly that made my heartthrob.

He smiled; there was something about the way he smiled. The smile that brings memories back is the hardest smile on the earth, and he brought so much to me. "I thought that was my cue, silly"

I sobbed, my emotions from the nightmare's event breaking free.

"Hey... Hey..." He raised my chin, making me lock eyes with him once again; I wiped my eyes, embarrassed to feel the tears on my cheeks. "Don't cry, princess, your tiara is falling."

My shoulders moved upwards with an untamed laugh; he managed to make me smile through my tears.

Erik gently squeezed me reassuringly as he looked at the wall clock and said, "It's 4:50 AM. We should go back to sleep." noting that we still had a few hours before the sunrise.

Crap. Why did my nightmare have to wake up us both? I gripped Erik's shoulder and looked at him apologetically. "I'm sorry I wake you up, Erik. I know you guys need your sleep since, you know--" I tried to explain myself out yet, the words were too embarrassing to be said out loud.

Erik stared at me for a moment and then shook his head, "Don't worry about it... besides, I got plenty last night," and teased, unable to help himself.

As his words hovered in the air, I couldn't help but feel my face heat up, letting a blush run along my cheeks. Recalling our love session last night, the blush was developing into a burning flame.

His intent gaze was inquisitive, his eyebrows raised in a silent question, "Now, care to tell me what got you like this? I can only assume it was a nightmare." said the incubus.

Should I tell him? Should I tell him about that girl who visited me in my dream? His supposed bride-to-be? Should I ask him who she is? If the things she said were true?

He muttered something but I didn't pay any attention. I was too busy considering whether I should tell him or not.

Despite not being any of my business, I really wanted to get some answers. Irene was on the back of my head whenever I was confronted with nightfall.