Chapter 39: Ascent

Diana, the Void.

Through the dense, white smoke, came out a form of a cloaked man, apparently young and strong, with a tailored golden cross that held all the fabric together in the middle of his chest, and a pair-set of the most magnificent, white wings. They were feathery; swan feathers, layer upon layer upon layer, silky smooth and white as snow.

"Ezaeur. Daemon quod Lamia."

(Ezaeur. Lilith Demon)

The words rolled slowly and sluggishly out of his mouth in a queasy timbre of warmth, the melodic sounds distinctly foreign. Despite that, when he spoke, his words were crystal clear.

"Raphael. Ad tertium archangeli ipsius auctoritate confirmat Angelici Concilium."

(Rafael. The third archangel of the Angelic Council)

At the sound of his name, the Angel stepped forward and pushed the hood back, revealing and confirming his identity. Pitch-black hair flowed down, cascading down and adorning his delicate features like midnight waves on a sandy beach. His skin was almost metallic, bronze perhaps and he was surprisingly tall, 6 feet 2.75 inches tall approximately. His round eyes were like fire, his irises composed of a mix of bright, hot colors - red, orange, and yellow - that flickered and sparked in constant, intense waves. There was also a smirk plastered from ear to ear across Raphael's cheeks.

"Quid emin habes, et Daemon habes?"

(What have you, demon, seeking me?)

Mindset, Diana ambled toward the angelical figure. Feathers gently brushed against her sleek, glossy skin; she felt every nerve in her body heat up almost uncontrollably, making her grit her teeth and dig her nails further into the palm of her already clenched hand.