1

Ember's Pov

I walked out of my apartment. It was the beginning of summer. I had just graduated from high school. I grabbed some cute short lightly colored jean shorts and a light yellow crop top with some black crocs. I was a free person living in L.A. at the start of summer. I walked out of my apartment and down the street. I was hanging out all day. I even hit up some boardwalks. When it was starting to become the golden hour I ran back to my apartment. I grabbed my penny board and made my way out. As I was riding I round a corner I turned to fast and I ran into a guy. I was knocked off my board and hit the ground. I landed on my side and slid. When I opened my eyes I saw a guy looking at me. He had beautiful blue eyes and brown hair.

"Are you alright?" He asked me

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said awkwardly. I tried to stand up but I fell back down and winced in pain. I looked down at my self. My legs were a bloody mess, and my ankle was a deep purple. He knelt down by me, He wrapped my arm around his neck and helped me stand up.

"Can you put any pressure on your foot?" He asked

"No," I replied

"Okay. here" He said He picked me up and carried me over to a bench. he set me down lightly.

"Oh, I'm Devan by the way," He said

"I'm Ember,"

"Stay here, I'll be right back," He said while standing up

"Well I kinda can't go anywhere," I said pointing to my ankle

"Oh right," He said nervously rubbing the back of his neck with a slight chuckle

A minute later he came around the corner with what seemed to be his car.

He got out and picked me up. He carried me over to the passenger seat of the car. He set me down and then got in himself. He drove me to the back of an apartment building. I didn't recognize it because I was really tired. He got out and then carried me inside. We got into the elevator and were going up

"I can't believe I got into a car with a stranger," I laughed

"Well..." He said "You're too pretty for me to kill," he chuckled. I blushed slightly

When we stopped He carried me to a room which I assumed was his. He unlocked to door and took me inside. Devan set me down on the counter in his kitchen. He left into his bathroom and grabbed a first aid kit. He grabbed a wet towel and wiped off my legs. When the towel touched my legs I winced

"Sorry," He said looking me in the eyes. When he finished he wrapped my legs with bandaids. He then took a look at my ankle.

"well, It doesn't look broken but it is more than likely sprained." He said "My mom was studying in the medical field for a few years. So I decided I would try it for a year or two," He said He went and grabbed a small brace and put it on my ankle. He then wiped the blood off my arms. He wrapped his arms around my sides to get me off the counter. I jerked back in pain holding my side.

"Are you alright Ember?" he asked taking a step back.

"Yeah, maybe," I said

He walked up to me, he grabbed the edge of my shirt. He looked me in the eye first to make sure it was okay. I nodded at him. He slowly lifted up my shirt while still looking at my face. He then looked at my side. He didn't say anything.

"What is it?" I asked him

"Umm, it's bad," He said looking at my side again.

"Do I need to take my shirt off?" I asked without thinking

"Umm, I guess if you want me to get some bandaids on it," He said obviously nervous.

"O-okay," I said studdering

I slowly took off my shirt. I looked down at my side. It was still bleeding and it was skinned terribly. I even had a deep cut in the middle. Devan grabbed a small cotton pad like thing and wiped the outer edges. He put his hand on my thigh.

"This is gonna hurt a bit, So if you need to squeeze my hand go ahead," He said

I replied in a nod. He started to move closer to the open wounds. As he got closer to the openings my nerves started throbbing more and more. I grabbed his hand and squeezed his hand. I started to slightly whine.

"Hey, hey, hey" He coaxed me "I'm almost done,"

He finished wiping the blood and he got it to stop bleeding. He then wrapped some of that bandaid tape stuff around my whole side. It felt weird because it covered my back, stomach nad other side as well.

He offered to put my shirt in the washer for me so it wouldn't stain with blood. When he came back I started to get off of the counter myself

"Hey! No! let me help you," He said. He rushed over to me and carried me bridal style over to his couch.

"Thanks," I said

"No problem," he replied

"What apartment complex do you live in?" I asked him

"Southside, why?" He asked

"What floor are we on?" I asked

"The third, room 128,"

"No, way," I said puzzled

"What?" Devan asked me

"I live right next door," I said

"Huh, what a shock that I ran into you," He said with a light chuckle.

"Yeah," I said to him

'Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm doing a lot better now, thanks Devan," I said to him

"It was the least I could do for running into you and for me hurting you." He said sincerely

"Okay," I replied

I laid my head down on the arm of the couch. My eyelids were getting heavy so I closed them. I felt Devan gently pulled a blanket over me

"Goodnight Ember," I heard him whisper to me.

And everything turned black.

Hey everyone !! So this is my fanfiction that I am going to mainly work on after don't let them in is finished. I thought I would give the first chapter cause ya know. Why not!? I hope y'all like it!!!
[-beth-]