Chapter 8: Harmony's shocking discovery

Harmony

We actually pulled it off! We managed to steal the Trident from King Triton. As Trip and Dash jumped in the air to celebrate our accomplishment, I said, "This is absolutely incredible! I never done anything outside of my home before." 

"Well, you should get out more often, Harmony." Tip suggested, as I smiled, rolling at the penguin's suggestion.

"I would absolutely loved to, Tip, but my mother wouldn't allow it, she refuses me to get out even for an inch outside of the cave." 

I searched for Melody, as I spotted her , looking at something. 

"Mel?" I asked, swimming towards her as she looks at us with pure amazement, "You know... I never thought that Antarctica would be that close to home." 

I looked at the wall, and beyond that was seems be a castle! 

Dash was amazed, as I felt something.. something so familiar. I felt like I belong there, but it couldn't be possible, can it?

Dash ask Melody with a curious tone, "This is your home?"  

Melody seems to be quiet for a moment before answering. She knows what is beyond that wall, as if she knew it her whole life. 

"Yes. It is, Dash. " She replied to him, as she was looking back at the castle. 

Tip whistles in total amazement. 

"Whew, what a pay! I do have one question, uh, what's with the wall?" 

"Yeah, what's keeping you out of the sea?" Dash concur with pure curiosity. 

I was curious as they were. If Melody did run away, why did she do it?

"That wall isn't keeping anything out, but it was built to keep me in. My parents put that wall to keep me away from exploring the sea. 

It's like they keeping a massive secret from me, and it's really keeping me mad. On my twelfth birthday, let's just say that things don't go exactly as planned it to be. 

To be totally honest, I felt like something was missing, like a part of me was telling me that something is special. 

My.. mom doesn't know how I feel. She doesn't care about I love the Sea. 

C'mon, let's go." 

I looked at the castle one last time, as I felt the guilt in my stomach as if my gut was telling me that I should be aware for Melody's sake. 

But why do I feel that way? I just met her, but I felt like I known her my whole life, except for her hair color. 

Is there a secret that Mother hid from me all these years, and why didn't see tell me?

Tip said, "You know once Melody is a full-fledged mermaid, we'll visit you everyday! " 

Dash said, "Yeah, nothing would come between us."