Chapter 2: Ariel and Melody's disagreement

Melody

I couldn't be more humiliated in my entire life. It's not fair! I sobbed in my bed, and couldn't believe what happened during the party. 

I reached into my seashell collection bag and picked up the lockets I've found earlier. 

I continue to cry as Mother comes into the room, trying to comfort me. 

"Oh, Melody, sweetie. I'm so sorry." She said, softly. 

I ask, "What is wrong with me?"

Mom said, "Oh, honey, nothing is wrong with you. You know that." 

I turned to her, "Mom, I'm the princess of Disaster." 

She sighs, "Melody, being a teenager is hard, and awkward..."

I rubbed off the dust , reading the handwriting that said, "Harmony, and my name is in here."

I opened my locket and it reveals a musical image of Atlantica and Mermaids swimming around it.

"That song. Where I heard it before? Why, it's Atlantica. With Merpeople and everything. Mother... you always told me it was an old fish tale!"

As the music ended, she instantly grabs one of the necklaces.

Ariel 

I was in total shock of Melody finding the necklaces that my father had given to her and her sister twelve years ago.

I still remember that day that Harmony was taken away from us. 

"Where did you find these?" I ask her with a curious face. 

She hesitant a little before answering my question. 

"I... I found them." 

That was when I found out what she has been doing. 

"You went over the Wall, didn't you?" I ask. 

She sighs, "Actually, I went under it. I just hate that stupid Wall!" 

I said, "Melody, you know that you can't go into the Sea!" 

She got up, as she ask, "But why you don't want me to go the Sea? Why does that locket has my name and some girl named Harmony?"

I said, trying to change the subject, "Melody, please listen to me of what I have to say." 

She said, "You're hiding something from me." 

That was when I snap at her, "You disparately disobey me! I never want you to go out there again, do you hear me, it's dangerous in the Sea!"

She begins to cry, "How you know what it like?!? You never been in it!"

She instantly grabs the necklaces and runs off as Eric opens the door, seeing his daughter ran off.

"Oh, no." I said, sitting down in embarrassment. 

"Ariel, darling, we both knew this day would come." Eric reassures me, that it has time to tell Melody that she has a sister and both are half-mermaid. 

"Oh, Eric. You're right. It's time I trust her with the truth about Harmony and her heritage."

Harmony

As I swam towards the upper side of the sea, I touch the necklace that mom has given me. "I wish become human." 

The magic blooms as I felt the tail deforms into two legs, as I raise up to the surface, felt free for a while as I felt a breeze of the sea air, blowing through my red hair. 

Some strange reason, I felt like a part of me was missing, like someone was important, what could this possibly mean?

All my life, the person I known was my mother, Morgana who told me that my parents died by King Triton's magical Trident.

But why does it feel like she's been hiding something from me, like something that I should know about?

I shook of the unsure feeling as close my eyes to get a last glimpse of the surface before coming back to my home.

As I swam back using my legs, I notice Undertow and Mom's Manta Rays swimming towards the surface.

"Why is Undertow and Mom's Manta Rays going at a time like this?" I wonder as I made it back to the hideout.

"Oh, Harmony, sweetheart, how was your day at the surface?" Mom asks me.

I turn to her, "I just saw Undertow and your Manta Rays, Mother. Why they going to the surface?"

"It's an errand, my sweet." Mom explains, "Now how about you head to your room? "

I understand immediately that if involves with her work, and I ran to my room.

Melody

I walk as Sebastian said, "Awe, child, everything is going to be ok. You know, I was a teen once, my voice has a high squeaky voice, and little pinchers. 

Then, one day, boom, I sound like an grown crab, and these came out!"

I pushed the boat, "I have to go."

"Young lady, exactly where you're going?"

"Sebastian, I have to figure this out myself, this is important to me."

He whimpers, "Help me."

I stare at the necklaces. 

"If no one is going to tell me anything about these necklaces ... I'm going to find out for myself." 

Sebastian yells, "Melody, please! You're making a big mistake!" 

Sebastian

Oh, this isn't how I expect to happen. Melody has run away. How I suppose to be calm about this to Ariel and Eric?

Ariel and Eric already lost Harmony when she was a baby twelve years ago, and now both girls are missing?

Just not panic. 

"Melody!" Ariel asks as I knew that I can't keep a secret any longer. 

"Melody's gone, Melody's gone!" I exclaimed as Ariel was stunned to see me after twelve years. 

"Sebastian? What you doing here?" She asks, as I said, "It's all my fault! I tried to stop her! She went out ..." 

"Out where, Sebastian?" Eric asks, curiously, as want to know about their daughter. 

"Out... to the Sea!" I cried, as both parents look at one other with worry.

"What you mean, what could Melody possibly be going?" Ariel said. 

"I really think we should ask your father to help us, Ariel. It could lead us to find both of our daughters." Eric suggested. 

Ariel nods with this idea, as she asks, "Sebastian, can you go back to Atlantica and inform my father of what's going on?" 

I nod, "Of course, Ariel. I'll do it right away and inform his majesty." 

I went back to the Sea Wall, and swam all the way to Atlantica, where King Triton was stunned of my sudden appearance. 

"Ariel and Eric needs you, Your Majesty. It's an urgent matter." I stated as he leans to hear more.