Chapter 7: Stealing the Trident

Ariel

I was nervous, as I continue the search for my daughters. It has been 12 years ago that I used to be a mermaid who lived in the sea with her twelve sisters and a loving father. 

How could I be a better parent just like my dad, and it seems like I couldn't be any better, considering that Eric and I hid the truth about the heritage of human and Mermaids from Melody, and the fact that she had a twin sister. 

Sebastian and my father met up with me on the edge of a coral reef. 

I turned to my father for advice. 

"Have you heard anything, Daddy? I was searching everywhere I could possibly think of-" I said, but then I spotted an familiar fish . 

"Flounder!" I said, as I swam towards the guppy, but the guppy seems to be shocked as he yells, "Daddy!" 

He swam towards an older fish, who looks like him, hiding behind him, protecting him from me. 

"Now what?" He exclaimed, looking around for anything suspicious as he dealt with this situation with his son . 

 I grew embarrassed, considering I realized that I made a mistake. 

"Oh, sorry." I said, but then the older fish recognize me right away.

"Ariel?" He asks. It took me a while to finally realize who he was. 

I couldn't believe this is my childhood friend, he looks so grown up! 

"Flounder?" I ask .

"Ariel!" He exclaimed as we embraced each other for the first time in 12 years. 

I was so happy to see my best friend again, as I look at him, after letting go of him, "Gee, look at you, Flounder

You sure don't look like a Guppy anymore." 

The fish seem to be chuckling at the nickname as if it brings back memories of us growing up together. 

He said, "You can say that again." 

That was when a swarm of children swam past us, as they begin to play a game. 

Flounder seems concern as the children kicked the clam and hit one of the siblings. 

Flounder swam towards the children, which makes me realize they are his family , that he has a family on his own while I was living in the land with Melody. 

He said, scolding them, "Children. What did I say about playing "Kick the Clam " on the reef? You know how much it could cause some trouble here." 

One of the children apologizing to him, "Sorry, Dad." 

Flounder sighs, "Kids." 

I hung my head down, felt bad to see him interaction with his own children.