You just had to take it out today didn't you?

Normally, this red plushy would stay in a box with the rest of all your forgotten things.

If Lisa hadn't pushed you into helping her clean the whole house two weeks ago, it still would've been left in that box.

Ever since that day, the closet became it's permanent abode. The only problem was, Lisa had become too obsessed she'd end up cuddling with it on your bed.

There's been times when she's asked if you could give it to her but you'd always say no.

It held your most deepest memories after all.

Although it reminds you of things you don't want to remember, having it far away from you is never an option.

It has to be with you.

Even if it meant stuffing it in a place where it cant be seen.

"This again?" Showing an exhausted face that states you dread going back to this topic, Taehyung glares at you.

"Just answer the question."

"I told you already didn't I?"You respond. "Like I said. It's from a really clo-"

"From a close friend, I've already got that." He interrupts, sounding impatient." Tell me the name."

You stand up, and quickly aim for the door. "I need to breath."

Your lungs feels like someone's tightening them.

"Y/n." Taehyung slams the door before you can walk out.

He sounds serious. "You're not going anywhere until you answer my question."

"I already told you." You say stubbornly and reach your hand to grab the knob only to be stopped.

Taehyung encloses his fingers around you wrist and yanks you around until your facing him.

"You're avoiding the question." He traps you between his arms and glares at you. "That doll. Who gave it to you?"

Taehyung flinches when he sees a tear cascading down your face. He brings his cold fingers up and gently cups your cheek with it.

"Who-"

"Taehyung." You force out.

Memories from the past then flashes before your mind. Taking in a deep, trembling breath, you open your mouth and say. "You."

And there it goes.

"You gave it to me."

The reason you didn't reveal yourself from the beginning is because you simply refuse to accept it.

He left, and you were hurt.

He left without a word and as a child, you made yourself believe that it was your fault.

The letter didn't give you closure. You read it, but it wasn't enough to bring your mind at ease.

In the letter he said he'd return as soon as he can. But he never did.

In the end, it made reject the reality of his return. Even after seeing him now this strong and healthy.

The pain he's caused an eleven year old yearning for her friend, had left a huge void of emptiness inside.

You can't believe you've allowed yourself to grow fond of him, befriend him, just so he could leave you.

An appropriate farewell's better than a goodbye coming from a soulless piece of item.

And so for your sake.

In order to save yourself from ever getting emotionally hurt again, you had to pretend you didn't know him.

But how on earth could you do that when he just keeps showing up in front of you?

The boy smiles softly, eyes flashing with relief as he connects his forehead with yours.

There's tears streaming down your cheeks, leaving an endless trail of liquid as it slides down.

"Thank you." He says in a whisper, planting a kiss on your forehead.

You let out a trembling sigh, snapping out from your hurtful train of memories.

Taehyung's invading your bubble, two brown hues locking with yours as his hands gently cup your face.

You want to be angry at him. You really do.

But as much as you want yourself to feel that way.

Right now? With him standing here in front of you shooting you the smile you've missed so much? You just can't.

Taehyung slips out a soft chuckle as he presses another kiss to your forehead.

He's now smiling sweetly at you.

"Thank you." He says softly. "For remembering me, Y/n."