19

"Free snacks coming through."

Your automatic motion to the high-pitch yell behind you is to whip your head away.

You hit something hard though.

"What the heck!"

Taehyung flinches back with a hand clutching his eye. Okay. So you may or may not have head-hit him out of surprise. Then again, when you think about it, he kinda deserves it.

You do not just invade a person's little bubble without permission.

Incoherent words spill out of Taehyung's mouth continously.

You pretend you don't know him.

Your bestfriend Lisa slides into view with a trey full of deserts enough to feed an army. "I present to you this red velvet cake with swirled whipped cream on the top, crystal rainbow cupcakes, our famous chocolate chips cookies, muffins and last but not least. Our house specialty, strawberry cake. It's on us for today. Eat up now. You too, Y/n."

Free food. You tell yourself. Free diabetes.

"And what happened you?"

"An annoying mosquito. That's what happened." Taehyung murmurs in a growl.

"Are you sure?" Confused, she fishes her phone out and stares at it firmly. "I just installed that pest repeller yesterday. Did it break already? I'll be in the kitchen if you need me. Excuse me."

You take a chunk from a velvet red cake and eye it keenly. When's the last time you've tasted your own baking? Weeks perhaps?

The cake immediately melts in your mouth, bursting a bitter sweet flavor all over your tastebuds. The textures as to be expected, smooth smoothly creamy. You make a mental note to go easy on the sugar next time though. It's too sweet.

Finally, you look up only to find Lisa no longer standing there. Now where did she run off to?

"She stepped out with Jin hyung." Taehyung says tightly. "Something about having to buy some missing ingredients and a mosquito killer."

You spent the whole day shopping yesterday though.

There's a long pause in between the lull of the moment before you stab the cake with your fork. Lisa wants you to entertain Jin's brother.

"You're angry."

"I'm not angry. I'm annoyed."

"Angry, annoyed. Same thing." He says bluntly. "She's pretty by the way. That friend of yours. Lisa was it?"

A playboy? I mean judging by his appearance, he could possibly pass as one. You glare at him. "Don't even think about it. She's taken."

Taehyung ends up cocking his head to the side with amusement flaring his eyes. "Why not?"

Did he not hear the 'she's taken' part?

"Because someone's already planning to ask her out. And you know that person very well."

"So?" He hollers. "That means she's still single."

"That person's your brother. And she's my bestfriend. Find someone else."

"Why should I when they're already here?"

A spark of irritation flares within you. He's beginning to get on your nerves. 

"Are you always this annoying?"

"You think I'm annoying? Interesting...... Some say I'm sexier this way."

If this conversation goes on, you'll end up bending the fork from how much strength you're applying.

Outside you may seem composed, but inside you're not.

This boy. So far he's been nothing but cocky, rude and not to mention acts so full of himself. Undoubtedly, that behavior's bound to hinder true relationships in the future. And you wish him good luck with that.

You look away.

You're not gonna entertain him anymore.

Any minute now, Lisa's gonna burts through that door and save you from this uncomfortable silence. It's only a matter of time.

One minute.

Two minutes.

How long exactly do you have to wait? Two minutes feels like an hour already. The heavy atmosphere's crushing your chest that it's almost impossible to swallow.

You sigh exhaustedly, finally sparing him a glance. "You're not touching your cake."

"I don't like strawberry." He hauls the plate to the side before reaching for a cupcake instead.

The line of your eyebrow arches up. If he doesn't like strawberries, then why did he claim that plate first? A lone crumb of chocolate ends up getting stuck on the side of his lip after taking a bite.

You swallow back any words to alert him about it. He'll notice it eventually.

He doesn't.

And it's not until he's having his second cupcake that you roll your eyes and reach over the table to wipe it for yourself, much to his surprise.

Lisa often calls you a clean freak. Parents that hire you to babysit their kids wouldn't want it any other way.

The mission backfires very badly with you end up stressing you twisted ankle. But just as you're about to settle back, he catches your wrist and pulls you closer to him causing a gasp to seize from you.

Those brown eyes drill into yours with intense curiosity. Like he's searching for something. 

"Tae-"

"You're too cute." He muses, a sudden smirk grazing his lips as a glint of mischievousness sparks his eyes. "I'm tempted."