40

"Sometimes I feel like I've befriended a panda than a human being."

You've got two grey bag under your eyes and your vision's distinctly visible.

You've lost count of time.

But judging by the sky barely showing any shade of brightness, you assume it's around four or five in the morning.

Lisa takes the seat in front of you and clasps her fingers together.

Pressing it against her chin, she knits her eyebrows in a serious manner.

"Talk to me."

"I think I messed up." You murmur.

Lisa tries to hide her piercing glare with a comprehensive stare.

She isn't doing a good job.

You can practically feel the table about the crack in half by how much pressure she's inflicting.

A firm line of her eyebrow lifts. "You think?"

You've been in this cafe since yesterday.

An empty mug sits between your fingers, still warm.

You barely had any sleep.

Why?

Because you can't stop thinking.

After that night, you wonder if you've placed a strain on your relationship with Taehyung.

Did he get mad?

Does he not want to see you anymore?

This unanswered questions will remain a mystery unless he himself shows up.

It's been a week since you've tried calling him.

Only to receive no answer on the other end.

And it made you feel even more guilty.

That night, you should have properly explained to him why you couldn't reciprocate his feelings.

And that friendship was the only thing you could offer him.

Not tell him to bring you home off the bat.

It was immature of you.

Lisa grinds her teeth together, knowing quite well what's going inside your head.

"Oh for the love of Pete's sake." She  tosses her head back and slams her hands on the table. "Y/n, be honest with me. Do you like Taehyung or not?"

Flustered by the question, you force your tired eyes to meet hers. "What?"

"Do you like him or not?"

Why is she asking this?

"Of course I do. I wouldn't have befriended him if I didn't li-"

"That's not what I meant." Gritting, she rubs her temple like she's about to have a headache. "I meant in a romantic way. Do you like, like him in a romantic way?"

You feel your palms pooling with mysterious sweat. You're anxious all of a sudden.

It must be from the caffeine. "Why the sudden question?"

Silence reigns as you realize she's trying to decipher what to say next.

Her eyes softens as she releases a sigh.

But something tells you she's about to give you exactly what you need.

"It's not a sudden question, Y/n." Lisa bores you with her serious gaze. Her tone is mellow and filled with concern. "Listen. You've got to make up your mind before it's too late. Get over this 'he's just a friend' phase because believe me, that's not it. I've been watching you for a while now. I've seen the way you stare at him when he isn't looking. You're happier whenever he's around. Y/n, he brings out the best of you but you know what? You don't want to see that. I have a strong gut that Taehyung's not just a friend to you. He won't always be there, Y/n. If you don't do anything now? You'll end up regretting it in the end. I'm telling you this because I care about you okay? And I don't want you getting hurt."

A Few Days Later

Lisa's words kept playing like a broken record inside your head ever since that day.

A part of you knew she was right but at the same time, you didn't want to believe her.

As much as you tried to convince yourself that you didn't feel anything for Taehyung apart from platonic love, Lisa planted a seed of doubt within you.

The doorbell summons you up on your feet in an afternoon Tuesday.

Reluctantly getting out of bed, you rub one eye with a fist as you descend down the stairs.

You're not expecting anyone over.

Lisa isn't home either.

You're pretty sure it's not Jin so who could it be?

"Coming." Mumbling under your breath, you reach for the door knob and pull it open.

A pair of brown monolid eyes find yours through the hue of the afternoon.

The person had golden blond hair reflecting a specific glow from the sun. They're clad up in a casual outfit consisting of a white t shirt and black pants that's ripped all the way to their thighs.

Silver chains dangle around their neck, as well as their ears.

But watch captures your attention is their smile.

You think you've seen that smile before.

The person in front of you squints his eyes until they resemble two crescent moons.

"Hey, Y/n." Silk. His voice sounds like silk.

And that's when it hits you.

"Jimin?"